The Blitzlow - 2018

I like these things better when it’s category voting, e.g Best / Worst Poster, underrated poster, best thread etc.

But, while I’m here.

5 - @Diggers. The creator of Blitz’s greatest thread. Deserves the 5 this year.
4 - @Bomb_Doe. He was missed… And now he’s back.
3- @DJR. Deserves to win this, all things considered.
2- @SMJ for Two Princes
1- @Preliminary_Point2 for… I’m actually not quite sure, but he deserves a vote.

Special mentions and unlucky to not get votes: @wimmera1, @kira, @BakerWasAStar, @Windy_Dill

Biggest fall from grace.
@ivan who had a shocking year, and bltn is right to call him out, no matter how mean spirited it was.

10 Likes

Start us off my friend, whycantwehaveboth.gif

1 Like

Am I being put on the trade table? I’ll retire before I go to big footy.

19 Likes

Nobody is gonna take on your huge contract, though, so we’re stuck with you.

Hopefully you have a big pre-season

3 Likes

I’ll throw up some random awards

Biggest Blitz Romance: @Diggers and FRANKLIIIIIIN

Biggest let down of 2018: Not winning on ANZAC date after @Heffsgirl made certain promises.

5 Likes

In terms of impact this is true. I should have given him votes.

Also too long to give honourable mentions to all the people that have contributed to the DJ thread. You know who you are and it’s been great.

2 Likes

@Clone_Hirdy - for your serious minded hard football analysis

@alex.f.94 - for your overwhelming and unbridled positivity

@Stallion - for your long, considered and nuanced responses to serious matters

@Finding Nino - for your cool head and voice of reason in the trade forum

7 Likes

I didn’t give @Preliminary_Point2 votes after purposely mis-addressing

METER
PETER

4 Likes

And yet, I receive none of your Blitzlow votes. Not even three fifths of them.

3 Likes

Blitz’ best nuggs enthusiast: @barnz

Thread of the season: @westozziebomber justified truth thread after that loss that turned into an amazing reminiscing thread.

3 Likes

It’s pretty tough as there are so many quality posters. But here goes anyway.

1. @Paul_Peos for posting common sense most of the time. Or what feels like common sense to me. I find myself agreeing with you a lot.

2. @Bomb_Doe for your amazing wit and Photoshop skills.

3. @Diggers for your unashamed Buddy love…and the other minor detail of the world’s greatest thread.

4. @Reboot for being abrupt as fark. My German heritage respects that.

5. @JohnRain & @Preliminary_Point2 tie for their all round entertainment. Rainman almost got 2 votes but his sucking up to @Catherine_Lio a few posts up made me sick.

Honourable’s go to @habib, @donnington & anyone else that keeps the creep alive.

Edit: and pretend my numbers go from 5 down to 1.

6 Likes

Blitz is like an ecosystem, it cannot function with one person alone…it takes all types of crazies do make this place what it is.

3 Likes

Oh I forgot about @RockyIV and the “just needs a consistent run at it” meme. That cracked me up all year.

1 Like

■■■■■■■ stiff. 10k post and not a vote this @habib pelican hasn’t made a single post and scores one

2 Likes

Said no one ever

5- @dingus because it’s dingus.
4- @westozziebomber for his absolute, unreserved passion. But mostly for that hilarious photo of him tipping beer on himself whilst the little West Coast chick was giving the camera the world’s greatest unimpressed frumpy face.
3- @wimmera1 and @Reboot for frank and fearless opinion.
2- @Humble_Minion for making the climate change thread worthwhile.
1- @Alan_Noonan_10 because no-one does grumpy-■■■■ like noonan. Also never lets a pun opportunity go to waste.

Plenty of others that deserve votes. You know who you are, and if you’re not sure if I mean you, just assume that I do. Unless I hate you, in which case - go fark yourself.

6 Likes

You know what, I’m self promoting here. In the last 18 months I have earned.

• 79 Nice Replies
  • 11 Good Replies
  • 1 Great Reply

After all that, I get 1 sensible and clearly intelligent person @Sir_Joe nominate me. The rest of you are off my Christmas Card list!

4 Likes

Thanks, Clever Clogs. I feel like Smack at the Charlie. Jubilant.

1 Like

Thanks, @FuriousGeorge. Nice to get recognised for the grumpy ■■■■ that I am.

2 Likes

You’re our grumpy ■■■■ Noonan. Don’t change <3.

3 Likes