The case for Ben Ainsworth

In before dodoro drafts talls because thats the sheedy way.

Pick 1 is too high but would seriously consider him between 5-10 if we somehow trade down to those picks.

Yeah I agree with this. If we got two top ten picks I’d be happy for him to be one of them, but with pick one is prefer McGrath or McCluggage.

They're not buying it HD.

I certainly am. Exactly what we need if we can get 2 picks in the top 10…But I’ve written him off due to Connors being a ■■■■ + Boot saying it won’t happen.

Never say never, but it is extremely unlikely.
And definitely not on for pick #1.

When you are talking about a very high pick, perhaps even pick 1, you are obliged to mention the knocks as well as the attributes. I would be shocked if a clear top 10 player didn’t have a highlights package to back that up. But the weaknesses should be noted.

The knocks on Ainsworth include:

• Professionalism - does he rely too much on his natural talent?
  • Tank
  • Midfield nous - will he ever be a star mid worthy of the invested pick
  • Size
  • Agility - I am told he lacks agility
  • Character - Is he a team player?
  • Conners - already mentioned

I also note that the highlight package included a lot of 2015 footage from his championships as a bottom ager.

SPS also played as a bottom ager last year and from what I saw of him last year, had an even more impressive list of highlights from that year. SPS showed last year that he was a scintillating talent. I don’t know what has held him back this year, but if you want a highlights package I suggest you look at what SPS managed to do in a weak team as a skinny bottom ager in last year’s champs.

When you are talking about a very high pick, perhaps even pick 1, you are obliged to mention the knocks as well as the attributes. I would be shocked if a clear top 10 player didn't have a highlights package to back that up. But the weaknesses should be noted.

The knocks on Ainsworth include:

• Professionalism - does he rely too much on his natural talent?
  • Tank
  • Midfield nous - will he ever be a star mid worthy of the invested pick
  • Size
  • Agility - I am told he lacks agility
  • Character - Is he a team player?
  • Conners - already mentioned

I also note that the highlight package included a lot of 2015 footage from his championships as a bottom ager.

SPS also played as a bottom ager last year and from what I saw of him last year, had an even more impressive list of highlights from that year. SPS showed last year that he was a scintillating talent. I don’t know what has held him back this year, but if you want a highlights package I suggest you look at what SPS managed to do in a weak team as a skinny bottom ager in last year’s champs.

Ainsworth has reportedly been getting 30 disposal games and kicking goals since the end of the nationals.

For me the absolute dream is getting Ainsworth and McCluggage somehow. Won’t happen but I think that would further us a lot like Parish and Francis, Lav and Lang, and Zachy and Raz.

Do not want. Don't know him personally but know some twins drafted last year that think he's a real turd.

So he will drop to 19 then?

Seems Ainsworth and Connors match made in heaven. Both of them arrogant kents.

Do not want. Don't know him personally but know some twins drafted last year that think he's a real turd.
I mean Essendon cannot possibly have drafted turd people. Hurley belted a taxi driver. Pig threatened someone at 3am in a subway. Lovett got investigated for rape. Eades got into trouble that no one mentions what it was. Carlisle is a coke fiend.

Total alter-boys at Essendon.

As long as he kicks a bag of goals a game I don't think his personality will matter much to the team he plays for. There are fuckwits in every team

lol i couldnt care less what a set of twins think about a person. if that factors into your drafting strategy then youre fucke.d

whats ainsworth

I mean Essendon cannot possibly have drafted turd people. Hurley belted a taxi driver. Pig threatened someone at 3am in a subway. Lovett got investigated for rape. Eades got into trouble that no one mentions what it was. Carlisle is a coke fiend.

So you’re suggesting that with pick one if we had the choice of four potential superstar players and one had a reputation as a turd you wouldn’t narrow your choice to three?

no i’m saying its a bad reason to not draft someone. Ishe dropping pills likea fiend and breaking into houses? no. is he just a ■■■■ bloke? thats fine we can deal with it.

Are you the houli dooli I met Saturday night?

The McKay boys obviously, you lobbied for them hard!

So you’re suggesting that with pick one if we had the choice of four potential superstar players and one had a reputation as a turd you wouldn’t narrow your choice to three?

You always take the best player regardless. Personally I dont think Ainsworth is ahead of the other 3 though so id be very surprised if we used pick 1 on him

Are you the houli dooli I met Saturday night?

Yeah mate was good to meet some Blitz royalty about town! How was your first hit out at CQ?

You always take the best player regardless.

This is the consensus of general supporters.

Recruiters on the other hand take a players personality as an important aspect of recruitment. Especially early in the draft.

You always take the best player regardless. Personally I dont think Ainsworth is ahead of the other 3 though so id be very surprised if we used pick 1 on him

This. Similar impact to the other potential number one picks but temperament has question marks.

Don't need to use pick 1 on Ainsworth, just need to get our hands on pick 5, 6, or 7 somehow. He will be an excellent choice if we get the 2 picks in the top 10 type scenario.

No way he will go pick 1.

Yeah pretty much. As much as I have been driving the bandwagon I accept that if we take pick 1 to the draft it is likely and probably more prudent to take one of McCluggage, Brodie or McGrath.

This is simply me expressing that I think this guy will be a fantastic player and a real livewire and that if we do trade down the order then I think we should consider him strongly.

Coz 19 year old blokes are usually a pretty good judge of character! Dusty went close to winning a Brownlow this year…but he is a ■■■■ bloke so don’t want…geesh.