The Coaches - LLOYYYYYYYYYDY!

Imo you want assistant coaches from all different club backgrounds. That way they are all bringing different ideas to each other ad different experiences.
As someone said above not sure what harvey brings that bomber or hird wouldnt.

Harvey worked at Fremantle and Brisbane, which is other club cultures. If that counts.

Bring on HARVES!!!

Legend of EFC. Hard nut of hard nuts.

Could teach the boys a thing or two about hardness at the contest.

....and for Harvs this would be more than a job, he would have some black & red through the veins.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we7UfubNeqM[/youtube]

TRB 2.0

Honestly, if our playing group doesn't develop exponentially under these guys then there really isn't any hope at all.

Very strong coaching panel.

Imo you want assistant coaches from all different club backgrounds. That way they are all bringing different ideas to each other ad different experiences.

Harvey worked at Fremantle and Brisbane, which is other club cultures. If that counts.

My bad, i should of added succesful coaches at other clubs
If you want to get an ex essendon person from another club, i would be looking at someone like caracella, who has done some great things with the geelong forward line over the years.
I just dont rate Harvey as a coach at all. Loved him as a player, not as a coach.

If you want to get an ex essendon person from another club, i would be looking at someone like caracella, who has done some great things with the geelong forward line over the years.
I just dont rate Harvey as a coach at all. Loved him as a player, not as a coach.

Why, specifically? Just interested. 

Structure:

Hird

Craig

Thompson

B: Egan

C: Bassett

F: Harvey

Skipworth

Screwed up at Freo bad.

But of course the AFL aren't interested in coaches who actually further injure their players in real life against medical advice - just ones who might have.

If you want to get an ex essendon person from another club, i would be looking at someone like caracella, who has done some great things with the geelong forward line over the years.I just dont rate Harvey as a coach at all. Loved him as a player, not as a coach.

I look at where he has been, the clubs really haven't done anything decent. Fremantle did make the prelims while he was there i will concede that.
He seems to take the safety first option a lot especially in recruiting. Not sure he is that great at actually developing players into top liners. He seems to be able to get them to be decent AFL players but nothing beyond that.
When i hear him talk about football, he doesn't fill me with a hell of a lot of confidence.
Really don't know what kind of role he could fill at essendon. Not midfield coach if goody leaves, Egan has done great things with the backline, so that is out. Not forward line. Bomber is going to be development coach. What else is there VFL coach?
I would hate for us to bring him into the coaching setup in an official capacity mainly because he used to play for us. Im sure there are better options out there.

If you want to get an ex essendon person from another club, i would be looking at someone like caracella, who has done some great things with the geelong forward line over the years.I just dont rate Harvey as a coach at all. Loved him as a player, not as a coach.

I look at where he has been, the clubs really haven't done anything decent. Fremantle did make the prelims while he was there i will concede that.
He seems to take the safety first option a lot especially in recruiting. Not sure he is that great at actually developing players into top liners. He seems to be able to get them to be decent AFL players but nothing beyond that.
When i hear him talk about football, he doesn't fill me with a hell of a lot of confidence.
Really don't know what kind of role he could fill at essendon. Not midfield coach if goody leaves, Egan has done great things with the backline, so that is out. Not forward line. Bomber is going to be development coach. What else is there VFL coach?
I would hate for us to bring him into the coaching setup in an official capacity mainly because he used to play for us. Im sure there are better options out there.

Such as? If there are better ones out there who are available then state them.

Harvey was a great coach in my opinion and got a fair bit out of an inexperienced and young Dockers team in 2010/11. Didn't they give the Hawks a nice touch up over at Subi in that prelim? Not a bad effort.

Would be an excellent candidate to be an assistant at Essendon in my opinion.

Would someone like Caracella be great? Yes. Will it happen? Most likely not as it is a pipe dream. Maybe we should get Stephen Wells whilst we are at it? You know, just cos.

Such as? If there are better ones out there who are available then state them.

Harvey was a great coach in my opinion and got a fair bit out of an inexperienced and young Dockers team in 2010/11. Didn't they give the Hawks a nice touch up over at Subi in that prelim? Not a bad effort.

Would be an excellent candidate to be an assistant at Essendon in my opinion.

Would someone like Caracella be great? Yes. Will it happen? Most likely not as it is a pipe dream. Maybe we should get Stephen Wells whilst we are at it? You know, just cos.

Wouldn't say no to cara myself.

I think Harvey could be good as a forward line coach and his knowledge of the Fremantle list and the Brisbane list could be invaluable in the future. Why not tap into that.

Hird: Match Day Coach

Thompson: Training Coach, Development Manager prepares/develops players

Rest can please themselves.

All for bringing in ex star Bombers... just not Harvs...

FWIW where are the following these days and any interest/potential in coaching?
Mercuri

Misiti

M Johnson

J Johnson

Wanganeen
Caracellla (at Cats I know, seems perfect for us)
Bewick
G O'Donnell

Solly

S Madden
Vanders

I'm a sucker for nostalgia

All for bringing in ex star Bombers... just not Harvs...

FWIW where are the following these days and any interest/potential in coaching?
Mercuri

Misiti

M Johnson

J Johnson

Wanganeen
Caracellla (at Cats I know, seems perfect for us)
Bewick
G O'Donnell

Solly

S Madden
Vanders

I'm a sucker for nostalgia

Of that list....O'Donnell wants to be in Football Management and not coaching, Bewick is having way too much fun coaching at under 18 level and Madden has enough on his plate being on the board.

Darren Bewick as forward line coach would be the greatest thing ever. i will dance like this if it happens

1408889298461_zps7a6e4f38.gif

Goody gone…5;year deal with Melbourne

Well done Goody.

2yrs as Roos sidekick. 3yrs on his own.

Melb “should” be back to a reasonable standard and list position by time he takes over.

Great news for Goodwin. Happy for him.

Rumor is Alistair Clarkson as junior assistant, Ross Lyon as development coach and Jesus Christ as VFL coach. Many are saying he will be our Saviour!