The Coaches - LLOYYYYYYYYYDY!

Just read this tidbit on news.com.au (also on the herald sun website), not sure if it has been posted yet:

The whisper:

MARK Harvey is set to return to Essendon with the club‘s board understood to be behind the move to get the favourite son back into the fold as an assistant coach.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/conspiracy-theorists-disproved-again/story-fndv8gad-1227059479925

Just read this tidbit on news.com.au (also on the herald sun website), not sure if it has been posted yet:

The whisper:

MARK Harvey is set to return to Essendon with the club‘s board understood to be behind the move to get the favourite son back into the fold as an assistant coach.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/conspiracy-theorists-disproved-again/story-fndv8gad-1227059479925

They prob got the whisper from blitz!

Development coach James Byrne has departed. Can we lure Hawks developmental coach please?

Will be Bomber.

Hird back in the big seat, not sure who fills the other vacancy (perhaps Harvey).

Not sure I love that we're getting more & more 90s Essendon guys although I guess (bar Hird) they've all got good experience elsewhere.

Development coach James Byrne has departed. Can we lure Hawks developmental coach please?

Will be Bomber.
Hird back in the big seat, not sure who fills the other vacancy (perhaps Harvey).
Not sure I love that we're getting more & more 90s Essendon guys although I guess (bar Hird) they've all got good experience elsewhere.
Not sure that you love the fact we're getting champions from a winning culture who'll do their all to see their beloved club at the top once again?

If Harvs were to return to the club as an assistant, it would mean that we would have three former senior AFL coaches in our panel. That's a hell of a lot of experience as well as knowledge.

Does anyone think that it would be a situation of ' Too many cooks?' Can all these egos be managed?

Will be Bomber.
Not sure that you love the fact we're getting champions from a winning culture who'll do their all to see their beloved club at the top once again?

All from the same culture, not sure what knowledge & experience Harvey (Ess 83-95, assistant until approx 2005, Freo & Brisbane since) could add that Hird (91-2007) or Bomber (83-96, assistant until 2000, Cats 2001-2010) don't have.

If Harvs were to return to the club as an assistant, it would mean that we would have three former senior AFL coaches in our panel. That's a hell of a lot of experience as well as knowledge.

Does anyone think that it would be a situation of ' Too many cooks?' Can all these egos be managed?

Normally yes but these guys are all premiership players and friends...different scenario.

Will be Bomber.

All from the same culture, not sure what knowledge & experience Harvey (Ess 83-95, assistant until approx 2005, Freo & Brisbane since) could add that Hird (91-2007) or Bomber (83-96, assistant until 2000, Cats 2001-2010) don't have.

With Bomber taking more of a developmental focus next year, it is really no different than Bucks having Rodney eade as an assistant coach.

Not at all.

I always thought Harvey was a magnificent coach at Freo and really laid the foundations there for their current success by recruiting and drafting the majority of their starting 22 at present. He was there when they drafted Fyfe after all.

I think he would be an excellent candidate to be senior assistant next to Hird. I assume that is the position he will be filling.

Will be Bomber.

With Bomber taking more of a developmental focus next year, it is really no different than Bucks having Rodney eade as an assistant coach.

Sure, since Eade played all his career alongside Buckley at Collingwood.

Not at all.

I always thought Harvey was a magnificent coach at Freo and really laid the foundations there for their current success by recruiting and drafting the majority of their starting 22 at present. He was there when they drafted Fyfe after all.

I think he would be an excellent candidate to be senior assistant next to Hird. I assume that is the position he will be filling.

Wasn't he largely shut out of recruiting after getting MJ & Solly & McPhee & Keps over?

Their recruiting bloke is who you'd chase, surely (Lloyd's brother)

Not at all.

Wasn't he largely shut out of recruiting after getting MJ & Solly & McPhee & Keps over?

Their recruiting bloke is who you'd chase, surely (Lloyd's brother)

We couldn't do that though HAP... Then it would be TOO much of a BOY'S CLUB!

The whisper:

They prob got the whisper from blitz!

Id be very happy to see this happen.

Hird, Bomber and Harvey.

Hell yeah

Hird, Bomber and Harvey.

Hell yeah

With Vanders behind the bar at the club.

Leon Baker as a 'blind-turn' consultant.

Hird, Bomber and Harvey.

Hell yeah

Bomber, Harvey and Fletcher make up half a premiership back line!!!

I think Harvey would be quite happy to just play his role as an assistant coach.

Especially as his current job is a sales rep for a meat company.

Imo you want assistant coaches from all different club backgrounds. That way they are all bringing different ideas to each other ad different experiences.

As someone said above not sure what harvey brings that bomber or hird wouldnt.

Imo you want assistant coaches from all different club backgrounds. That way they are all bringing different ideas to each other ad different experiences.
As someone said above not sure what harvey brings that bomber or hird wouldnt.

experience from different clubs? but with an added bonus of an appreciation for our clubs history. 

Harvs has not been at Essendon in 10 years. 

That would give us Hird, Thompson, Harvey, Craig, Bassett, Egan.

Thats a damn good coaching team.