The concert and gig thread

Ticket to what?

Ticket to what?

Cmon man, clearly the psychic convention!

Ticket to what?

ACDC

just got jesus n mary chain presale
pumped

Ticket to what?

ACDC

Ah, ok . . Where? … When? … How much? … Free ?

Not doing yourself too many favours here Scotty.

(Remind me never to ask you to place any for sale ad’s for me :wink: )

Sunday 6th Dec. Etihad. Level1 reserved seat. $120. My mate can’t make it now, he paid $160 for it.

I am off to AC/DC as well.

Found the Caravan Club in Oakleigh the other night, all my old favorites play there.

Chain is playing there soon, you are old if you remember them ?

l remember going to see Chain many times before Matt Taylor joined them, back when they were a 5 piece band with Glyn Mason and Warren Morgan at the mighty Thumpin’ Tum, in A’Beckett St. opposite RMIT.

Ticket to what?

Ride

Ticket to what?
Ride
farkn top band
I used my ticket to Ride here in Osaka last week. Fantastic show. Worst part? Jesus and Mary Chain were playing uptown at exactly the same friggin time. Man, imagine how idiotic the dudes working at those touring companies must be. To split your potential ticket sales like that.

Anyone else see Chris Cornell last night?

Great performer,his voice is still awesome, highlights (3rd time ive seen him solo) were his covers of Dylans’ The Times They are a Changing and Beatles’ A Day in the Life, amazing.

Anyone know of a decent subscription/site to keep up to date with metal gigs in Australia?
not that I ever leave home, but I’ve missed a lot of gigs that I could haven’t consciously chosen not to go to, rather than be disappointed that I didn’t know it was on 

Faster Louder has a Metal Gig List I think.

Metal obsession has a good gig listing too

That was insane.

Accadacca? If so, agree!

Accadacca? If so, agree!

they came to hobart to see rosie again about 15 years ago. the gig was at the tca ground up on a hill above hobart in what was perhaps the dumbest decision by anyone ever. you didnt need to buy a ticket. You either moshed in the streets below, or rang council on monday morning. which everyone who hated it did.

and in typical hobart fashion about 10k turned up including me. insane.

16 years later im at the lockett end drinking premix with flashing horns on my head.

utterly insane.

Accadacca? If so, agree!

they came to hobart to see rosie again about 15 years ago. the gig was at the tca ground up on a hill above hobart in what was perhaps the dumbest decision by anyone ever. you didnt need to buy a ticket. You either moshed in the streets below, or rang council on monday morning. which everyone who hated it did.

16 years later im at the lockett end drinking premix with flashing horns on my head.

utterly insane.

If you want utterly insane, the gig they did at the Myer Music Bowl in 1981 was it. Not only was it the tour of Back in Black, there were riots after the show, police charging through on their horses & batons swinging & my mate & me wandered out afterwards like we were in a bubble protected from all the crazies.

What a night!

Agree, that was the 2nd best AC/DC gig I ever saw.

The best was on the back of Mal Scotts cattle truck at the footy ground, for Miss Inverloch Rock in 1975.

Accadacca? If so, agree!

utterly insane.

If you want utterly insane, the gig they did at the Myer Music Bowl in 1981 was it. Not only was it the tour of Back in Black, there were riots after the show, police charging through on their horses & batons swinging & my mate & me wandered out afterwards like we were in a bubble protected from all the crazies.

What a night!

Yep…was outside sitting in a tree for that one.

Accadacca? If so, agree!

utterly insane.

What a night!

ive never got why people riot at hard rock/heavy metal concerts. all your energy’s out by the final curtain.
unless i missed them. it may have been a quiet riot.

thank you thank you, i wont be here all night.