The concert and gig thread

Its almost time people…

Who’s gonna be there with me on the 3rd Dec ?

2 Likes

I only heard of these guys from blitz. Is it sold out?

If I had be known how much fun a mid life crisis would be, I’d have started sooner. In the space of less than 12 months I will have seen

• circle jerks
  • Pennywise
  • no fun at all
  • Millencolin
  • bad religion
  • social distortion
  • Mudhoney
  • helmet
  • Mudhoney
4 Likes

Reckon so.
Even the following day unfortunately.

1 Like

Gonna be mega!

1 Like

Saw Big Thief at the Forum last night and they were pretty great. Adrianne Lenker is an incredible singer, but I was also blown away by her guitar playing. Would recommened for any fans of Indie Folk.

3 Likes

At the Croxton.

Lesssgooo!

1 Like

I was at Calder Park in '93 for Guns N Roses. Was my first big concert.

On Tuesday night I took my eldest boy (13) to see them at Suncorp for his first big concert.

They performed better in '93 but I love that our first big concerts were the same band

8 Likes

Ok, this is the one I’ve been waiting for

Probably play for 90 minutes, 3 tracks.

4 Likes

Charge your phone!

2 Likes

Saw Roger waters on his ‘The Wall’ tour in 2011/12 and it was just extraordinary. The show was executed with military precision. My old man went to the same show the night before, loved it so much he managed to find tickets to come the next night as well. Amazing night of music.

Saw Black Sabbath on their farewell tour in 2016. Amazing show. As much of a caricature Ozzy has been made out to be publicly, when he gets out on that stage he knows exactly what he’s doing. Amazing frontman. Hearing ‘War Pigs’ and my personal favourite song ‘Black Sabbath’ live was a dream come true. Sounded incredible. Best riffs & so heavy.

Xavier Rudd in Melbourne was really good. Very fun show. Sounds great live. Chill kind of gig. Played about 7 instruments at the same time. Really good.

1 Like

Yep.

Was getting too excited. Safe and plugged in now.

1 Like

Yep, I agree. I have been to his shows and generally go twice. First night in the best seat I can afford and the next night cheapest. The shows are an extravaganza.

My old mans favourite band of all time (Mine too) and he had never seen them live. So was just awesome for him to get the chance. He was 5th row centre the first night. And somewhere way up the back the second night haha. He didn’t care though. Amazing spectacle.

1 Like

She might be the best songwriter going around at the moment. The consistency of her out-put is staggering. Not sure theres a bad song on a Big Thief record.

1 Like

I forgot what an epic venue the Bowl is.
Im a limp handball away from the stage…yay me

I went to see Millencolin on Wednesday night. Was good fun.

I hadn’t seen them since the 2003 big day out. And I’ve always been a huge fan of them.

3 Likes

Anyone at GnR tonight?

1 Like

I heard they’re worried about Thirsty Merc at the Corner Hotel robbing them of crowd numbers tonight :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: