The concert and gig thread

Rolling around on broken glass. Sounds about right for Iggy.

2 Likes

Side shows for those that didn’t want to go to Good Things festival

So, TISM played last night at Croxton (secret gig)

Any ITK blitzers get along?

3 Likes

I got about 2 hours notice but was already at a part with the wife.
I couldn’t ditch.

1 Like

Yeah, i wouldn’t call myself a fan TBH, but it’s walking distance and would’ve gone for a look.

Instead I watched Dirty Harry, which was totally worth it.

2 Likes

Ah damn, Bikini Kill are playing Melbourne less than two weeks before I get in town.

2 Likes

Heading up to the Enmore tonight to catch The Black Crowes. One of my mates going has tested + to COVID and laid up. If any Blitzer in around Sydney is interested, we’re trying to sell his ticket for him at less than face value PM me

1 Like

Just got home from The Black Crowes gig
Geez they put on a hell of a show
Played the entire SYMM album and then some of my Crowes favourites from their later albums. Even the slower stuff “She talks to Angels” & “Seeing things” turned into epics. My personal highlights when they played “Sting Me” & “Remedy” back yo back.

5 Likes

Crowes are great. Saw 'em at Festival Hall back in 1992.

Not my footage but it looks like it would’ve been fairly good.

6 Likes

Remember when venues would have signs saying you couldn’t take photos or use recording information?

2 Likes

Just got back from seeing David Gray at the tennis centre. Missus got tickets as a belated surprise birthday present. We saw him live about 15 years ago (again, for my birthday), but I’ve hardly listened to him since then. I had forgotton how good a singer he was.

Always great to a get a little surprise like that.

4 Likes

Going to see the Black Crowes on Sunday.

Is the Palace Foreshore the outdoor venue?

1 Like

Dude you’re in for a great show. Positives from the Enmore gig the other night - no “foottappers” all hard core fans, no covers cept for HTH of course all Crowes originals, youngHarvs fan 16, now apparently the coolest kid in his class at school cos he went. Negatives - wished I’d got tix to all 3 x Sydney shows

1 Like

Yep, went to the April Sun fest there during lockyd, fark all people and some great bands. From memory they’ll have elevated roofed seating parts, but most of it is open air facing the stage, not a bad spot! Don’t know how it goes with a full crowd (but not to capacity) though

Just worried about the weather.

It looks ■■■■■.

yeah you’ll probs get wet

Icehouse gig this Saturday has been postponed as Iva has Covid.

Went to the Black Crowes last night. Was one of the best gigs I’ve been to in years.
Chris sounded amazing and gave it everything.
And this happened. Don’t jump the stage with the Robinson brothers on it.

3 Likes

Touring same month as Mudhoney. If sonic youth were touring, it’d be the 1st Melbourne BDO lineup.

4 Likes