The concert and gig thread

Let’s just say Axel’s voice was better than I expected and I didn’t expect much. The sound was a little bit off, but once you put those aside it was an awesome, big stadium show.

1 Like

I am going as well. Didnt realise the black lips were there as well. Massive massive line up for me

1 Like

The band tore it apart. They sounded great. Unfortunately, Axl’s voice isn’t what it once was. He gave it his all, but he struggled badly.

Still, a night spent listening to great music at the G’ is always an evening well spent.

5 Likes

Lady, pls.
“What if it was a couple of inches to the right or left? I could have lost an eye … what if it hit me in the mouth and I broke my teeth?” she said. “If my head was turned and it hit me in the temple, it could have killed me.”

I was at the gunners concert last night and I thought they sounded great. I’ve heard conflicting reports about the sound last night as well. I was on the floor about 50mt from the stage. The MCG isn’t a great concert venue.
Onto Billy Joel and The Killers in the next week or so.

1 Like

How was the covers section? Mark Speer is unreal.

They are mixing heaps of covers now mashing them within their own songs.
They included Never Tear Us Apart and Back in Black during a mash up last night.

Wholeheartedly agree on Speer.
Amazing what he creates just noodling around Laura Lee’s grooves.
There are times you’d swear there are 2 guitarists playing.

The Drummer is a deadset atomic clock with his timing, and understands what the music needs.

It was really nice going to a concert with the absence of Bogans present.
Truly memorable atmosphere at the show !

@magicalcharlie
how did you go ?
where were you sitting/standing ?

2 Likes

I tell you what, I have never seen so many bogans in my life around Richmond yesterday. Definitely the roughest crowd I have seen haha.,

1 Like

I thought Axl sounded really good. Surprised you thought he struggled.

Mega show, they are next level live, the drummer’s an absolute taskmaster and Laura is farkin tight, we were back RHS so great vantage point and sound, also a procession of punters getting hauled out from the front in wheelchairs etc
Been to a few rippers this year, but that was right up there !

1 Like

The group of us who attended (all long-time fans) left the show disappointed. I don’t think the G’ (or the sound balance) did Axl any favours.

That said, other people we knew were positioned closer to the stage, and they (like you), thought he sounded great.

To be expected from the pictures I’ve seen. From the position of the stage and speakers vs issues presented by the acoustic profile of the venue, it was always going to sound a lot better closer to the stage.

1 Like

The acoustics weren’t great where I was in the Shane Warne stand. But I thought Axl sang with great pitch and hit all the high notes and screams.

I’m glad you had a great experience. It beat sitting at home, that’s for sure.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, the acoustics were ■■■■■. It was hard to make out most of the lyrics. But that was no fault of Axl.

When they did Whole Lotta Rosie, you could see how was a natural stand in as AC/DC vocalist. At try time I thought WTF, but I was impressed.

2 Likes

Agreed. The cover of Blackbird that led into Patience was the highlight of the night for me. Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door and November Rain sounded great too.

Robbie Williams headlining the Adelaide 500 next year

What’s he driving?

5 Likes

Whatever it is he’ll be telling everyone to jump on board and take a ride.

3 Likes

Going to see Robbie next year too.

1 Like