The concert and gig thread

How can I avoid…

1 Like

Yep, I got my tixs last night.

1 Like

Anyone else here going to see the clouds at the Croxton on Thursday night? Surely @wimmera1 will be there? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Would be a great gig. I haven’t been checking Juke magazine for upcoming shows, and I’m working that night.

1 Like

Anyone see Ride or the Pixies? Ride very solid and keen, missed Pixies due to Covid complications

2 Likes

Yep!

1 Like

Excellent!

Saw Ride, thought they were great. But that type of music is right in my wheelhouse.

Seeing the Pixies tomorrow night. Sorry you missed them, hope you’re on the mend.

1 Like

At Perth Convention Centre waiting for Nick Cave to come on stage

9 Likes

Brilliant, have a great night!

1 Like

Just got back from the pixies seeing them for the first time and I finally get it. Allways respected them as a seminal band and a few songs I liked, but man live they are freaking awesome. A band that is so much better live than their records and I assume we’re even better back in the day.

I get why they are a lot peoples favourite band. That wall of sound, tight rumbling dirty rhythm section, with the guitar leads over the top sounded amazing live. Short songs keeps it interesting and they cover a lot of ground in a 90 min set.

10 Likes

Nice! So keen to see them tomorrow night at the Forum.

I was there too. Think you’ve summed it up well. They came on, packed a heap into 90 minutes, and nailed it. Frank Black’s voice still great for someone who must be late 50s now.

4 Likes

I haven’t been motivated to see them without Kim. Probably a bit silly. A 2005 show I caught was incredible. Do they play much of their newer stuff?

1 Like

I had to look it up as I couldn’t really say. A decent set of the latest albumn but the rest skewed to the classics

2 Likes

Covering Neil Young, Hambo will be so conflicted :joy:

2 Likes

Motorway To Roswell, fantastic under appreciated tune.

Looks like they mostly give the people what they want.

3 Likes

A chance i may have 2 tix for Sharon Van Etten on friday night at thr northcote theatre. Will sell 'em cheap if i have to pass. Dm if keen

1 Like

The Offspring with Sum 41 last night was a good time, the mixing wasn’t quite right for Offspring but yeah still a great show all round.

3 Likes

Short, sharp and punchy sets. Couldn’t have asked for more tbh

1 Like