The Cricket Thread (part 8) - from Jan 2024

That’s not India’s problem if Australia doesn’t curate pitches to suit their own side. It’s an indictment in Aussie cricket board.
Cuarte a pitch to suit the fast bowlers or nathan Lyon. But you run the risk of also assisting the likes of Bumrah, Shami, Siraj or Ashwin.
South Africa tried to curate a bouncing wicket in the most recent series against India and it backfired gloriously.

1 Like

I’m fine with that. We held the world champs to 2 all after being 2nil down.

Exactly my point. Doctor them all you like, it’s your home series and you’re completely entitled.

1 Like

@IceTemple

Told you, it’s reality

It is India’s problem. They have the advantage and can use it because they run world cricket and we just have to deal with it. The fact we can’t get a practice game on something partially resembling a test wicket is farking pathetic.

Yeah nah, not even close.

Absolutely
CA caves into India when it comes to test venues and pitches and it’s a disgrace

1 Like

We aren’t allowed to play India in Perth

Australia doesn’t play practice games because they’d rather prep for a test series with 3T20 games hahaha.

We were having a lovely evening of cricket and then the whinging Poms turned up.

Typical. :sweat_smile:

It staggers me that you refuse to see it

2018 2nd test was in Perth.

Because it isn’t really true what you are claiming.

Factually incorrect. Australia played a warm up game in Sydney because they knew India would just rip this ■■■■ with a green top.

They are this time. India will probably refuse to play a D/N test though this time and CA will cave in

1 Like

Yes it is, even @Aceman said as much.

Pakistan complained publicly about the pitch they got dished up for their warm-up game; it was flat and lifeless and they knew it wouldn’t be anything like the Test wickets they’d get. That was only a few weeks ago.

2 Likes

Shhhhh don’t tell @IceTemple

1 Like

Not to the degree you were claiming.

You are so cute