The Cricket Thread

A reply to: @rossoneri regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @Wrighty05 regarding QuoteLink
I hope the Indians lose by 2 runs and it because Kohli was given out to a ball that was missing the stumps but there was no DRS.

It hurt them big time against us, hope it kills this in the WC.

I think DRS is being used in every game in the WC

Really? How did they get the Indians to agree to that?

Yeah I was surprised when I read that too.

No idea how

A reply to: @Wrighty05 regarding QuoteLink

I hope the Indians lose by 2 runs and it because Kohli was given out to a ball that was missing the stumps but there was no DRS.

Really? How did they get the Indians to agree to that?

A reply to: @Aceman regarding QuoteLink

All I want at the WC is for the Seth Afrikans to be humiliated and once again exit the comp early. That would please me greatly

Saffas, India and Poms

Century for Warner.

Romping it in. Should have gone for the bonus point but oh well.

Going for it.

10 off first PP over.

Bailey bats like an old mole and then gets out to that crap!

If the Soap Dodgers think they can win a World Cup relying on 20 overs per game out of Bopara, Ali, and Jordan, they’re delusional.

A reply to: @Aceman regarding QuoteLink

WTF Smith, only need 4 an over, just knock em around

Going for the bonus point. Obviously put that idea away when they sent out Bailey instead of Maxwell.

Hilarious!!!
No Show given out to one he didnt edge

When luck isn’t on your side. Bailey gets a life and does nothing with it, Maxwell out to a shocking decision (again).

When you’re in form, you get the run of the green. But when you’re out of form…

When luck isn't on your side. Bailey gets a life and does nothing with it, Maxwell out to a shocking decision (again).

When you’re in form, you get the run of the green. But when you’re out of form…

thinking the exact same thing

Great innings by Warner

All I want at the WC is for the Seth Afrikans to be humiliated and once again exit the comp early. That would please me greatly

A reply to: @redbull regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @Darth Taj regarding QuoteLink
Should have added a category for- Maths is my second language aka Shawn Pollock award(first team to miscalculate Duckworth lewis), but I don't think there is any rain predicted?
You would think some of the matches particularly in NZ was will call on Duckworth Lewis.

I was in South Africa for the 2003 World Cup. We were driving back to Joburg to catch a plane home when Pollock stuffed up. Local commentators went nuts. Boucher blocking the last ball was so great to hear!

Only have themselves to blame for the whole tournament. Against the WI they had them gone but they stuck to the rule that the opening spell for each fast bowler was 6 overs then 2 in the middle and 2 at the end. Pollock was all over them, particularly Lara, but took himself off which helped Lara. They had the WI around 3/75 off 25 overs, then Lara cut loose and they ended up making 270-odd. WI scored 8 an over from final 25 overs, this was pre T20 when scoring wasn't exactly that high either over that length of period. They simply stuck to their structures so much that their inflexibility stopped them from being a real #1 nation.

A reply to: @Darth Taj regarding QuoteLink

Should have added a category for- Maths is my second language aka Shawn Pollock award(first team to miscalculate Duckworth lewis), but I don't think there is any rain predicted?
You would think some of the matches, particularly in NZ, will call on Duckworth Lewis.

I was in South Africa for the 2003 World Cup. We were driving back to Joburg to catch a plane home when Pollock stuffed up. Local commentators went nuts. Boucher blocking the last ball was so great to hear!

WTF Smith, only need 4 an over, just knock em around

Finn you clown, Bailey should of been run out for a diamond

Bonus point kept it interesting.