The Cricket Thread

Harbhajan never played on a raging turner. Not even once.

Harbi’s a ■■■■, no doubt.
But I had no problem with his 4-0 call, McGrath does it every Ashes.
England always pull out the ‘worst team to tour’ call, too. I’m glad Australia doesn’t. Not only is it stupid and likely to bite you on the ■■■■, it’s also quite provably wrong and disrespectful.
And I also have no problem with his O’Keefe call.
It’s worth noting that the only better figures by an Australian in India are by Krezja.
And…I kind of think we all understand that, so I don’t know what the sooking is about.

Harbi's a ■■■■, no doubt. But I had no problem with his 4-0 call, McGrath does it every Ashes. England always pull out the 'worst team to tour' call, too. I'm glad Australia doesn't. Not only is it stupid and likely to bite you on the ■■■■, it's also quite provably wrong and disrespectful. And I also have no problem with his O'Keefe call. It's worth noting that the only better figures by an Australian in India are by Krezja. And...I kind of think we all understand that, so I don't know what the sooking is about.

Difference with McGrath was that he was actually playing. Can’t exactly say 4-1 can he? He’s predicting that he will lose a match?

But I reckon we’ve pulled out the “worst team to tour” when the poms came here in the late 90s.

Harbi's a ■■■■, no doubt. But I had no problem with his 4-0 call, McGrath does it every Ashes. England always pull out the 'worst team to tour' call, too. I'm glad Australia doesn't. Not only is it stupid and likely to bite you on the ■■■■, it's also quite provably wrong and disrespectful. And I also have no problem with his O'Keefe call. It's worth noting that the only better figures by an Australian in India are by Krezja. And...I kind of think we all understand that, so I don't know what the sooking is about.

Did Krezja take 12 or 13 wickets.

If 12, then 12-70 odd is a lot better than 358.

That call I made that Krezja wouldn’t take 20 test wickets was looking dicey after that game.

That call I made that Krezja wouldn’t take 20 test wickets was looking dicey after that game.

I’ve been wrong before but I thought it was 14!
Hmmm, seems you’re right.
I stand corrected!

Behrendorff looks like breaking all the records.

Vics all out for 130, and lose within 2 days by an innings and 38 runs.
Behrendorff 5fa in the 2nd innings, match figures of 14/89

I stand corrected!

8/215 in first innings. Weird figures

Anyway, my point was, if Harbi thinks O’Keefe is more a Krezja than a Warne…(or a Singh for that matter), well…I don’t see too much to get upset about over that.

Difference with McGrath was that he was actually playing. Can’t exactly say 4-1 can he? He’s predicting that he will lose a match?

But I reckon we’ve pulled out the “worst team to tour” when the poms came here in the late 90s.

We would have been right then.

Harbi is one of those guys who often seems to have his head firmly inserted in his ■■■■. “Oh, it was a bad pitch. We can’t win on that.” There were still two teams playing on it.

I stand corrected!

Reckon he went for about 30 or 40 off his first 4 overs. Was one of the flattest roads you will ever see and I think he just kept bowling at one end because the quicks were stuffed.
Only played one other test and had figured of 1/220 or something stupid

Had a bit of a soft spot for Krezja. He tossed it up and spun it hard. We had no idea how to use an attacking off-spinner like him. Offies were for holding up an end while the real bowlers had a rest.

India are sore losers.

India are sore losers.

And there’s 1.25 billion of them.

I stand corrected!

Reckon he went for about 30 or 40 off his first 4 overs. Was one of the flattest roads you will ever see and I think he just kept bowling at one end because the quicks were stuffed.

He kept bowling pies to the Saffers in Perth and they chased down 400 plus in Perth quite comfortably.

Gave it a rip, but you can’t bowl 2 4-balls an over. There aren’t many successful spin bowlers who wouldn’t try to keep it quiet 4 or 5 balls an over, just setting the batsman up, and attacking for the other 1 or 2.

I stand corrected!

He kept bowling pies to the Saffers in Perth and they chased down 400 plus in Perth quite comfortably.

Gave it a rip, but you can’t bowl 2 4-balls an over. There aren’t many successful spin bowlers who wouldn’t try to keep it quiet 4 or 5 balls an over, just setting the batsman up, and attacking for the other 1 or 2.

The story goes that on the India tour in the warmup game he went for 200 against a Invitational side and a few of the players decided that if he got picked in the test side they would target him. Allegedly after being tonked in the first few overs at test level, he went up to Clarke and was told “the only way we will get them out is if they go after you so keep tossing it up”. For memory he had Tendulkar dropped off him aswell

When Aus thrashed India on a doctored pitch I realised how much butt hurt I still carry from ‘monkeygate’. Then I realised how much more satisfying it made the win. Then I cracked open a bevvy.

Nicely done India. Lol.

Well. One side scored over 250 twice against pretty good spin bowling, so it can’t have been that bad.

The ICC last night announced that match referee Chris Broad had lodged a rating of “poor” for the Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium in Pune, expressing concern over the quality of the pitch.
Indian officials now have 14 days to respond to the notice, but a heavy fine is likely.

We didn't lose another wicket on our way to chasing QLD down. Cooper 119no, Lehmann 78no
Boof Jnr is progressing well. Any talk about him for Test selection? Seems Head is the next guy talked about

Would think to push for Aus selection he has to go up the order. Would think that Ferguson will be gone at the end of the year and Lehmann can push up to 4

I’m surprised to hear that they’d be moving Ferguson on. Is there a story there? I don’t rate him, but he’s handy at First Class level.

Perhaps he’ll call it a day? His chances of playing another test are probably zero, and he might lack the inspiration to go on.

32 years old and a change of scenery is probably what’s needed. Is mentally shot ATM I think.

Since Ferguson hit 101 vs WA in Round 1 of the SS season…

101 v WA
0 v Tas
4, 4 v Pakistan
5, 24 v QLD
7, 12 v NSW
10, 2 v WA
18,5 v VIC
0,19 v QLD

110 @ 8.4 since the 101