The Defintion of Insanity - following the EFC

I think he has been there 3 years…and performances have improved at a steady rate over his tenure.

1 Like

Interesting reading about the turnaround and what he doing that sets him apart. I love the rotation of players so they can maintain a intense playing style, we definitely should implement that. Also how he has aligned fans, staff and players so everyone’s in it together and in unison. That’s where Worsfold struggles, too ignorant and fails to deliver messages that everyone associated with Essendon wants to hear.
Thanks for the enlightenment.

1 Like

Anyone know any good footy coaches in Germany?

5 Likes

Following Liverpool and Essendon this hit a little too close to home for me :joy:

2 Likes

Has this turned into an EPL thread now ?
I honestly thought it would go the way of ‘The Truth’ thread.

I am a Liverpool fan and we spent a shitload of money year after year, culminating this year by signing the most expensive goalie in the history of the game, until we have a good squad.

There is no equivalent in our game with salary caps etc other than trading and drafting.

Anyone know what Alex Ruscuklic is up to these days?

Berlin Crocodiles have been killing it last couple of years, Let’s give Jan Meinecke a call.

Peter German did some coaching at Coburg, maybe get him in?

1 Like

Why is EFC investing in timber forests and then mismanaging the forest and letting the trees fall over? When are we going to get a coach that knows you have to clap with two hands?

2 Likes

He says after they played in a Champions League final. That’s right, an upward trajectory of results is no indication of improvement and likelihood of ultimate success… . winning a championship is the only sure sign you’ll continue to win them… /s

WHY IS THE CLUB DOING FORESTS AND ■■■■ AND NOT FOCUSING ON WINNING FLAGS

If/when we lose to Richmond, it’ll be the first time in 47 years (1971) that we’ve not beaten any of: Carlton, Collingwood, Richmond or Hawthorn, by some measure our four biggest rivals.

I think that definitely contributes to the ill feeling about this season. We’ll win 11 games and go 0-7 against the teams we would prioritise wins against?

Sobering stat that, shocking really. 47 years, and couldn’t beat any of those 4 teams in 7 games! Yet, Essendon wins some big games interstate, beat the Cats again (!) and finally break the Swans hoodoo. Confusing year remains a abject failure despite those (warm and fuzzy) wins with no guarantee Essendon will be better in 2019. 3 games to go I know but most eyes turn to the trade period week after the GF. Gaff, Wallis …

1 Like

Can you list the teams that have that guarantee please.

Thanks.

1 Like

Peter German did some coaching at Coburg, maybe get him in?

Nope - coaching Albury Tigers next year (as if they need him)

Ha! It’s more a generic comment on the wasted season

15 days till the seasons over.

1 Like

another “shows glimpses of greatness but also complete laziness at same time” year

wonderful

no more slow tall unaccountable fyfe prototype mids plse