The Defintion of Insanity - following the EFC

…and one of the worst forwardlines you’ll ever see in a premiership contender. All premiership teams have star players, theirs were just concentrated in one part of the ground. Are you one of those who claim that they could have coached the 2000 team to the premiership?

It’s entirely likely that good coaching was part of what made those players so good. Plenty of talented players have gone nowhere as a result of the coaches and development program they end up under

3 Likes

Of fkg course not.

And there have been a lot of Premiers lately with crap fwd lines.

well 2 more Assistants were told to fark off so maybe most might know by the next fortnight?

In reality, this thread and “The Truth” thread are both valid end of season review type posts. It’s getting toward the end of a very frustrating year and I can understand why people are already looking back on what they feel went on.

I do have a lot of sympathy with what has been written in both posts but I think I will wait three weeks before I spill all the bile I have accumulated.

Unfortunately you can scratch rich of that list. Certainly will play a 2nd GF and will win it easily.

2 Likes

IMG_2517

4 Likes

Like Richmond we get assistants in that not only support Woosha,but also serve to have strengths that are Wooshas weaknesses.

1 Like

RAAAAAAACIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

T

Wrong GIF?

Yep, not quite right.

I couldn’t find one at the time that signified “hopeless resignation”.

1 Like

(works best if you don’t know the actual context that this bit comes from!)

Image result for everton football club

This is us right now…we used to be like Liverpool a massive club who lived on past glories, but sadly they have come good again, so we have become their neighbours from across the Mersy…a big club who live on past glories.

We have moments that are electric and suck us in thinking “damn the future looks bright” but the future never seems to make it to the present. Yes the saga made life rough, but it was like this before that, but the saga if nothing else bought us and gave experience to a whole new crop of players like Fantasia, Merrett, Walla etc.that keep me and many many others holding out hope that it will be this group that bring about some success.

I don’t follow soccer, how did Liverpool turn it around beside the obvious of winning?

They bought in a very successful manager from Germany who had won many trophies who has good tactical knowledge of the game. He also bought in with him an Assistant who is considered a tactical genius.

They cleared out some of their dead wood and bought in hugely passionate players. All the players bought into the system, trust it and believe in it. An extra part of it is the fans…Anfield, their home ground is rocking on match day because the manager and players are playing and exceptionally exiting style that is constant attack, attack, attack.

They went through a phase that was very mediocre, but now seem to have that belief in themselves installed by their manager that they are indeed good enough and should be winning things.

I am not a Liverpool fan at all and perhaps a fan of them could give a greater insight as to how things changed as this is just an outside perspective looking in…but to me…it seems to be all about belief and a trusting that the system they have in place works.

3 Likes

How many seasons did it take for the managers to get successful results?

I must have missed Lolverpool’s recent success :grinning:

5 Likes

As United fans you know we would have loved to have been in the Champions League final last year!!

Meh, they didn’t win it.
Success is measured in trophies and Liverpool haven’t lifted a league title in 28 years and will still be waiting awhile yet

True…and of course this has it’s own thread, but no one is knocking off Moneychester City for a while…all playing for 2nd place and Champions League qualification.