I hope you meant feeding him?

4 Likes

Lol, yes, I did.

1 Like

I call this portrait 'A Little Too Comfortable"

12 Likes

Cheers mate. Love the thread.

Cheers. We are feeding him Hills Science Diet
<1Puppy formula. Not the cheapest on the market but he is well worth it. He does get a steak every now and then.

1 Like

Kids didn’t want to get out of bed this morning

11 Likes

But we got the working girl ready for her next job.

10 Likes

My helpful workers (supervisors)

18 Likes

Love it! They are gorgeous :blush:
Definitely foremen material!

1 Like

Ha ha ha. Great picture.

1 Like

So, finally had to make the final trip to the vet for my choccy lab, Bear, this morning. His arthritis was getting progressively worse over the last few months and in the last few days he was really struggling to get up out of his bed and stand up. Yesterday he wasn’t able to put any weight onto one of his front paws, and then this morning he woke us up at about 3am whimpering and shivering. We decided we were at the point where keeping him going was not fair on him. After 14 years and 8 months we finally had to say goodbye to the best dog I’ve ever known. Loyal, unceasingly happy, loving, gentle and great with the kids.

Goodbye, Bear. Thanks for being you.

3 weeks old:

He loved the water:

Snoozing on the deck with my son last summer:

26 Likes

:frowning_face: :cry:

Sorry mate. It’s never easy.

7 Likes

Had a very similar experience with my choc lab a couple of years ago. Bizkit was 15 and the decision to end his pain was one of the hardest I’ve ever made. Losing a loyal friend and family member is an extremely sad event.

5 Likes

@FuriousGeorge, my condolences to you and your family on losing Bear. Beautiful boy.

R.I.P. Bear

5 Likes

Sorry to hear mate. It is such a hard thing to deal with. 2 years ago I had this happen too my 2 boys within 9 months of each other. They become such a big part of your family and it is so heartbreaking when you know you can’t do anything about it. They are 100% man’s best friend. R. I. P Bear.

4 Likes

They sneak under the door of your heart before you even know they are there and then they never leave. And; even when it time to part they still remain in the deepest and sweetest chamber of your heart.

Forever there Bear.

7 Likes

Sorry for your loss, @FuriousGeorge

I’m sure you have many wonderful memories of beautiful Bear.

3 Likes

You did the right thing but always so hard… a little piece of your heart goes with them.
Such a beautiful boy- you’ll treasure the special memories of Bear forever.

4 Likes

its always hard to part with your mates. all the best for you and family

3 Likes

Just heart breaking - I wish you all the best.

You don’t really think about the end at the start - so blissfully unaware of how hard it will be - the loss, seeing them in pain, the expense, the decision.

But in the end, you get to share a bond that no one else will ever know because it’s you and your family’s dog and you made the time they did have the very best time they could have had.

And they’re so worth it.

PS What a great name and what a beautiful dog.

7 Likes