The Dog Thread

Say hello to the latest member of our little family. This is Augustus Thompson. Although he insists Blitz may call him Gus. He is a five year old retired greyhound, and according to him, he’s even faster than Walla.

19 Likes

Thought you’d actually gotten yourself an actual Roo for a second there, … :laughing:

Always good to see a “retired” Grey get a home. :+1:

4 Likes

Social distancing is not being adhered to by my pups.

12 Likes

I will try and bring a bit of happiness into blitz in these uncertain times. How about everyone post a pic of their Doggo’s. One when they were a pup and one current pic. I will start with one of Rocky at 8 weeks and one taken recently at around 12 months.

8 Likes

Sorry but not a happy day in our household. Our Black Labrador has Mast Cell Tumour Stage 3 which is as bad as you can get. More biopsies to see if it has spread and then more surgery if it hasn’t spread and not long to survive if it has.

Marshall is 9 and about the happiest and sweetest dog ever. We are not hopeful, and are so sad today.

3 Likes

That’s very sad. Best of luck Marshall

Oh bugger, I’m sorry mate.

1 Like

Sorry to hear. Wish you all the best.

1 Like

Terrible news, man.
So sorry for you and the family.

1 Like

Mate - that’s awful.
They deserve a much longer life.

1 Like

Very sad news. May your final times together be loving and caring

1 Like

So sorry to hear mate, praying it hasn’t spread, all the best.

2 Likes

What a beautiful face. I’ll be hoping for a miracle for Marshall. Sorry to hear this. Good luck to you all.

1 Like

Hugs to you and Mrs Fox…fingers and toes crossed for the little one. Some things are just ■■■■.

1 Like

Thanks everyone, I just needed to share our news and your support is welcome.

Hopefully we can have Marshall for another year.

8 Likes

Sorry to hear @Bacchusfox, it’s heartbreaking!

Hurley came back from surgery today

Meanwhile the other dog and one of the cats quite happily took his office bed

9 Likes

With so many people working or unemployed etc and at home now, pets have never had it so good.

Apparently since the outbreak, there have been a lot of pets being dumped at the RSPCAs.

We went to the Peninsula one to see if there was a suitable dog for our kids and they only had 2 dogs available.

One of them seemed like she’d be worth a trial but they said she’d need a quieter household.

So not sure what is going on with the reported influx but lack of options - but the staff weren’t overly helpful either.

If anyone knows of a dog that needs a home then PM me.

1 Like

Fingers crossed in hope for Marshall to continue for many years yet.

3 Likes

Hoping for the best for Marshall @Bacchusfox

1 Like