The Dog Thread

So sorry to hear your news. Heartbreaking and just not fair. He’s a beautiful boy. Really hope the tests have the best possible result.

2 Likes

Such wonderful news. Gus is gorgeous- they are such gentle & loving (& forgiving) dogs. Enjoy!

1 Like

Best wishes to Hurley for a speedy recovery.

1 Like

Very sorry to hear. As the owner of a black lab, this is very upsetting.

I was told by our Vet that Labradors are pre-disposed to Mast Cell Tumours, usually they show up as a lump that looks like a large boil. My Lab has had it under the skin on his chest and it has gone very large befor eit was noticed, hence that advanced stage I guess.

So maybe look up Canine Mast Cell tumour on Google and see what to check for.

Doesnt show up in regular blood tests etc, he has those every 12 months and his heart, liver and kidney are all been good. It is distrssing, but we are giving him lots and lots more love than usual if that is possible.

9 Likes

my thoughts are with you and marshall. dogs are so great mates and so hard to say goodbye to. all the best

2 Likes

Just got home from the emergency vet. Our beautiful gentle little boy had a massive stroke during the night. At 15, blind and partially deaf the kindest thing was to put him to sleep. Due to covid 19 we couldn’t even be with him at the end. I’m gutted.

1 Like

:cry: :cry:

Virtual hugs to you @blinkers, my heart goes out to you. So sorry for you and your gentle boy.

1 Like

Oh mate thats terrible, my heart goes out to you and your family, he’s resting peacefully know mate.

1 Like

Never a nice time but current events make it even worse. All the best @blinkers - be proud you got him to 15.

1 Like

Really feeling for you @blinkers. What a devastating night for you. Treasure your wonderful 15 years of memories and know he’s resting peacefully now.

1 Like

Heart-breaking, mate.
Such a difficult thing to go through.
The pain will be there for a long time, but I hope it is eased a little by happy memories of your life together.

1 Like

so sorry for you

1 Like

That’s just horrible. Take some comfort in the 15 years you had together rather than last night. Thinking of you mate.

1 Like

So sorry for your loss.

1 Like

11 Likes

I feel your pain. Try to think of his passing as your last act of love and kindness to a loyal friend.

1 Like

You gave your little mate 15 good years of care, and he gave you his unconditional love for all that time. You can’t ask for much more than that.

3 Likes

So sorry for your loss. That is so sad.

2 Likes

Many thanks to everyone for the kind thoughts on the loss of our little mate Jasper, it has been very much appreciated.

4 Likes