The end of year cannon - who should be fired into the sun?

Serious reservations about nick obriens  speed .

Agree.

Tank yes.

Speed no.

Agree.

Tank yes.

Speed no.

We've persisted with players on our list for 6-7 years in the hope they might be able to build a tank and put on the size required to play midfield, he already has both after 2 years.

Agree.

Speed isn't everything.

Just ask Jobe Watson, Sam Mitchell, Greg Williams....

WE COULD'VE HAD PUOPOLO. LISTEN TO BENFTI.

Agree.

Speed isn't everything.

So why did we delist  midfield plodders and taggers like brendan lee ,sam lonergan ,ricky dyson,brent prismall,mark mcveigh,henry slattery  last year.?

Agree.

Speed isn't everything.

So why did we delist  midfield plodders and taggers like brendan lee ,sam lonergan ,ricky dyson,brent prismall,mark mcveigh,henry slattery  last year.?

Spike wasn't delisted, he retired.

Agree.

Speed isn't everything.

yes because he was too slow ,you wont win finals if you are not quick ,these days more than ever because of the furious pressure .

I have said it all season winderlich ,dempsey ,maybe dalgleisch are real quick 2  are injury prone .

Agree.

Speed isn't everything.

yes because he was too slow ,you wont win finals if you are not quick ,these days more than ever because of the furious pressure .

I have said it all season winderlich ,dempsey ,maybe dalgleisch are real quick 2  are injury prone .

So his retirement after a season hampered by injury in which he could only manage 3 games was because he was slow? I'm not arguing against your point, but feel it's unfair to simply name names such as Spike to try and strengthen your argument.

Benfti/I

Ben for the indigenous/Italians

Agree.
Speed isn't everything.

All those blokes (except Prismall) didn't have the tank to run long periods in the midfield. Had nothing to do with their pace, otherwise we might as well have kept Dyson.

Agree.
Speed isn't everything.

All those blokes (except Prismall) didn't have the tank to run long periods in the midfield. Had nothing to do with their pace, otherwise we might as well have kept Dyson.

Yes thier pace really complimented jobes,stants ,hocking,,howletts,myers on ball scintilating leg speed .

Yes thier pace really complimented jobes,stants ,hocking,,howletts,myers on ball scintilating leg speed .

Do you even know what you have said there? Why do you need pace to compliment others pace? You would have pace to compliment someone elses ball-winning ability, or use outsides skillful footballers to compliment the hard-nosed in and under players.

Do you even know what you have said there? Why do you need pace to compliment others pace? You would have pace to compliment someone elses ball-winning ability, or use outsides skillful footballers to compliment the hard-nosed in and under players.

Dont you understand i was being sarcastic to make my point..

There had to be a cleanout as we had too many one paced on ballers on our list.

I  am sick of making the point all season beside winders and dempsey and maybe dalgleisch we dont have many speedy players and  2 of these  are injury prone.

We have a severe lack of line breakers on our list ,those who take the game on and bounce the ball.

Our style of play  is  very predictable.

I'm sorry, but are the Age still on drugs? Maybe they need to be tested;

Jon Pierik

Midfielder David Myers, however, is weighing up his future as he wants more game time next year.
Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-resigns-winderlich-20130927-2uidn.html#ixzz2g3rVdgJt

This was tacked onto the end of the Licha re-signing article.

Serious reservations about nick obriens speed .

Agree.
Tank yes.
Speed no.
We've persisted with players on our list for 6-7 years in the hope they might be able to build a tank and put on the size required to play midfield, he already has both after 2 years.

Spot on, he has a tank to rival Stanton after two pre seasons, he is a phenomenal work rate in the field and a natural goal sense. He is the kind if player that has the tools to create a real mismatch across the HF line. HBFers will not be able to go with him, and opp teams will have to put a defensive mid on him if he starts getting on top. Aside from that he can go in the middle for us.
Obrien is one of our top young players coming through.

Agree.
Tank yes.
Speed no.
We've persisted with players on our list for 6-7 years in the hope they might be able to build a tank and put on the size required to play midfield, he already has both after 2 years.

Spot on, he has a tank to rival Stanton after two pre seasons, he is a phenomenal work rate in the field and a natural goal sense. He is the kind if player that has the tools to create a real mismatch across the HF line. HBFers will not be able to go with him, and opp teams will have to put a defensive mid on him if he starts getting on top. Aside from that he can go in the middle for us.

I thought when they gave him the number 10 jumper they saw something in him that made him worthy of such an honour. I tend to agree now that he is not likely to better than OK.

Agree.
Tank yes.
Speed no.
I thought when they gave him the number 10 jumper they saw something in him that made him worthy of such an honour. I tend to agree now that he is not likely to better than OK.
I think you will be surprised next year!

Agree.
Tank yes.
Speed no.

Hope you are right. Which position do you think he will eventually play?

I think NOB has started accumulating much more possessions in the VFL, hasn’t he?

IMO that could be the first step towards becoming more of a weapon.

At the moment I rate him more highly than some other prospects that we took with higher draft picks.

Agree.
Tank yes.
Speed no.
Hope you are right. Which position do you think he will eventually play?

I think he will come in as a HFF with small game time in the middle. He offers more than Howlett on the flank. His work rate is phenomenal, good tackler and good goal sense.