The "FFS umpiring, FFS" thread

With the Lady Umpire? She’ll be right.

She’s better than average. But then, most VFL umpires are better than their AFL equivalents. Hopefully she can resist infection.

1 Like

Is she the one who umpired one of our Ansett cup games ?

I believe she did.

1 Like

Cool, she seemed ok, hardly noticeable.

Good luck to her

Umpiring against cats wasn’t too bad really. Actually paid a few technical ones which have been overlooked for a while now such as guys being held off the ball, blatant blocking in marking contests.

The one against leuny in the ruck was poo though.

Was surprised that we got a couple of those push in the back decisions

1 Like

Is it sexist if we boo her or is it only ok to boo a male umpire?

2 Likes

It is sexist if we don’t boo her.

5 Likes

True. It’s just so confusing with all the political correctness.

Probably, but if you Booourns her that should be ok

If our crowd is loud for deliberate she will get all excited and pay it, We gotta play our part.

If she was that umpire that umpired that Geelong game then…yeah. Thought she missed a ton of obvious frees from where I was sitting and then tried to overdo it late.

But there’s no humanley way she could be any worse than Razor, Pannell or any of those other self-important d*cks.

1 Like

Can we now get a graph for frees for and against for Freo at home?

Always feels like the umpires pay slightly more frees to the teams they feel sorry for or the favourites (like the Dogs). I will say tho for the first time this year I thought we got the rub of the green for once for the first three quarters against Geelong.

1 Like

Yea, What happened to the days where an Ump would educate the player “Too close” or “almost deliberate, If you do it again I’ll ping ya” it all helps to make the game flow. They make it that they are the show.

1 Like

asking the question was sexist LOL

LOL, I like his style. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

New field umpire to start this weekend, Eleni Glouftsis, the first female field umpire at AFL level.

1 Like

Thanks Sandra

3 Likes