The "FFS umpiring, FFS" thread

Player and coaches ‘fines’ are probably general tax deductions anyway. Most likely incurred in the ordinary course of producing their income. They’re not real fines which the law prevents you from deducting.

1 Like

Nothing the AFL does is real anymore.

4 Likes

I think it’s been said before that they’re not tax deductible.

[quote]Legal expenses, fines and penalties

Fines and penalties for on-field conduct and legal expenses, including those relating to a tribunal decision, are generally tax deductible to the player, where they result from their performance as a player and as part of a football game.

However, fines, penalties and legal expenses for off-field breaches of conduct are not tax deductible.

So how do you reckon that applies to the angry dwarf. It wasn’t onfield. Or does he get an exemption due to his disabilities, eg height and anger issues?

[quote=“Alan_Noonan_10, post:406, topic:10333, full:true”]

So how do you reckon that applies to the angry dwarf. It wasn’t onfield. Or does he get an exemption due to his disabilities, eg height and anger issues?
[/quote]probably arguable either way. I’m sure he’ll claim it.

And hopefully gets done for tax fraud and sent to Manus Island, or Guanantomo Bay.

4 Likes

And to a kangaroo court for sentencing.

1 Like

I am nothing, if not vengeful and possessing a long memory.

2 Likes

Also, please put Hirds fine into today’s dollars which would be $26,992.57.

http://www.rba.gov.au/calculator/annualDecimal.html

3 Likes

And more to the point, he actually paid it!

Whereas a guy caught six times gets a 75% (maybe more, if it’s a direct payment to Fight MND) discount!

1 Like

We need to account for the fact that we are going to get rooted by the umpires up in Sydney. Can’t remember the last “fair” game we had up there.

4 Likes

EFA.

I think this thread is going to be a busy place after the Swans game. It’s such a sure bet that we’ll be screwed by the umps

4 Likes

Parnell, Nichols, Fisher and Number 5 umpire from the last VFL game coming right up.

4 Likes

Part of that was suspended. Was any of Hird’s $20,000 suspended. Suspenders they’ll grab you every time.

lol

Use this bye week to lube up for a pineappling against AFL pets, Sydney.

Wonder if we will ever get to play them on our home turf grrrrr.

4 Likes

makes a joke of the old line …you get the free kicks when you play in front & win the ball!! which is what they tell us when we moan about free kick imbalances when we lose

1 Like

Is an out of bounds on the full recorded as a free kick? Friend from work said as much the other day.

1 Like