The "FFS umpiring, FFS" thread

Yes…can distort the total frees, but you have to reflect the Free Against and the Free To players.

I do remember once we got shafted and someone said “oh…23-17 isn’t that bad”. It is if 6 of the 17 are OOBF.

1 Like

OOF are the only frees the maggots pay us more often that not. However, they do not pay them 100% of the time. They usually have to because it is so obvious, but on the admittedly rare occasions they don’t, you know the fix is on.

1 Like

lol?

1 Like

join me in the carbon something thread… you’d fit right in… half serious but full serious

You must be new here.

It’s gonna be a fcking massacre this week in Sydney, Franklin is going to be given any half free possible.

1 Like

Is there any chance at all that he won’t get weeks?

I heard a couple of ABC commentators say he caught the bloke in the shoulder, and the other one saying “what were you blokes watching? Caught him clean in the head and must get 3 down to 2”.

But some commentators will see a punch fair in the face and say it was of minor contact with the open hand to the body, and unintentional at that. Much like the MRP, in fact.

He’ll get a week for the punch to the jaw punch on Riewoldt - only thing missing was holding the jumper.

1 Like

Been around a while mate

*.woosh *

AFl website says he was reported for a “bump” on Menadue. This then lead to a melee where he slung Rance to the ground and then “took on” Jack Riewoldt. No mentions of a punch or even a swing. Not even mentioned in the report.

AFL softening this up big time.

2 Likes

If we’re missing Ambrose it’s only fair they’re missing Franklin.

3 Likes

The AFL will tell the umpire to issue an apology to Franklin for reporting him.

In reality though that bump is exactly what the AFL is trying to remove from the game. If they were serious it should not matter what the injury report says, clearly elected to bump someone front on with their head over the ball. Should be weeks, not just a week. It is Sydney though so nothing will happen.

1 Like

Don’t ■■■■■■■ joke about it.

If Pannell umpires us in Sydney again, I will go mental. Absolute cheat.

3 Likes

Start going mental, betting odds would be shorter than winx.

Buddy does a trailing arm hit every week. He just doesn’t normally get reported, let alone suspended, for it.

1 Like

That’s as hard a hit on a player over the ball as has been seen for a couple of years.

No weeks.

Dunno where your shoulders are but mine are below the head.

1 Like

Menadue probably gets weeks for taking out Buddy’s hip

1 Like

Does ‘high’ mean above the shoulder or head? Fwiw if you get a guy front on in the traps it’s high. I don’t think the MRP have separate definitions for head and above shoulder but not head.

Regardless, he’ll be cleared.