The Final Team Dogs vs Us 8-4-18

Agreed. Very happy with this side.

4 Likes

Sure, but purely having a contested marking ape in the side keeps the best big defender busy, which often makes it a lot easier to score.

It’s a good thing to do occasionally, … too long in the place can send you over the edge.

Out of the blue you can find yourself suddenly writing 3 line 100 word thread titles or something like that … :wink:

Well - if we lose, we lose, and made the wrong selections. If we win, we lose, because we haven’t selected the players you wanted. So whether we actually win or lose, it will be a bit of a loss.

1 Like

I reckon if we’d won and won well last week, we’d have had more propensity to persist with, and maybe even inject another kid into the side for this one given the Bullies current form, … but seeing as we didn’t, we need to come out here and really thump them to restore and/or build our early season momentum, … hence, … all the experience we can muster is the call.

2 Likes

I thought Green pretty much kept us in the game for the first half. I think he’s been doing ok. Really walla is the player that should be scrutinised. However as others have pointed out has some credit left before being dropped. Hope he has a good game this weekend.

6 Likes

That’s not what I meant. The team we happen to be playing this week means the game, in my opinion, won’t be won or lost at selection. Sure if we dropped the entire 22, maybe, but not 2-3 changes around the edges. There are games that might well be that close (next week is one in fact), and then we could have a nice long argument about whether we should be picking for winning now or winning in September, and you could get all snarky and it’d be a real blast for everyone. But up against what looks to be a quite forlorn dogs, I don’t think the result will speak to the selections one way or the other.

So you want to go in with just the one tall/mid sized defender who has barely played a lockdown role in years?

Green was our best forward across the four quarters

3 Likes

At the end of the day
We could play 4 quarters of great football, joe could kick 6 , parish have 30 disposals, we win by 10 goals but i still wouldn’t be convinced we are a good side.
I don’t think i’ll be convinced until we make a grand final tbh.

Raz, Joe D and TIPPA fire: we get 2000 more members on Monday. All of the money, they are.

6 Likes

I agree with you.

Despite DKP calling me a zealot a few times (which is quite funny if you think about it, and always gives me a bit of a chuckle), I haven’t actually commented on what I would prefer, selection-wise. For mine - I would try and keep both Langford & Begley in. I still think Langford has something, but I’m increasingly pessimistic about it being ‘inside mid’. I think Begley needs more continuos games, and I see a lot of talent there.

The problem is, who goes out. I wouldn’t consider dropping either Hooker or JoeDan at this stage. Stewart is showing far too much, and is broadening his scope. If maintained, his trajectory could even be spectacular. Dropping Green after his last two outings would be not only insulting, but unfair, and bad for the team. Fanta could make his way back through the 2’s - maybe that would have been the path to take. But then again - it’s Fanta. Walla - is iffy at the moment.

The stakes on Stringer mid/fwd are extremely high. It’s a gamble, with medium risk/great reward. You’d have to persist, surely. Myers - could have come back through the 2’s. Both he and Langford do well in the VFL middle. Which would I prefer? For development, Langford.

I would have considered Myers & Begley in 2’s (Begs starts mid), Langford wing. I think Brown is the better selection against the Dogs lineup.

7 Likes

Huh? Green was a big part of keeping us in it against Freo.

9 Likes

yeah you and the 5 others are right, im beside myself with begley out.

Well, apart from us last year when we had one of the best forward lines going around.

The tall structure wasn’t the problem last week. The “tall” problem was the midfield couldn’t kick it to them on the full, that Hurley, Brown and Jd had dog days, and that no small other than Green supported Hooker so when the crumb fell Freo easily ran away.

2 Likes

Needed to be. This is a good thing if he gets VFL midfield minutes.

2 Likes

Honestly ■■■■ this ■■■■.

I read above Myers is a “senior player so of course he’s in” [paraphrasing]. Yep, he’s got the ability to have aged 10 years since being drafted, doing very little in the meantime so he’s in over Lang. ■■■■ me dead. Baguley and Myers are the FUTURE.

23 pt win and unchanged Rd 4 side incoming.

2 Likes

Let’s just hope my 2 year old isn’t doing this again come Sunday afternoon!

8 Likes

Had he kicked 4 goals in that last quarter, he might not have been dropped.

that’s the point.