The future of Zaka

So free agent compo will be worse generally for clubs?

I all for welcoming new Blitzers, but I smell a troll (or pig for that matter).

If he wants a great example of taking money over success all he has to do is look at Gary Ablettā€¦As you are now witnessing he is desperate to get back to the cats and I bet he regrets missing out on a Premiership. He would be foolish to go to Gold Coast especially that we are now starting to look half decent.

2 Likes

was the best player in the game for 3 years on $200k a year.
Not sure itā€™s really fair to use him purely as an example of chasing bucks. He wouldā€™ve knocked back offers from every club that wouldā€™ve quadrupled his Geelong deal.

Players should be chasing success not moneyā€¦thats my pointā€¦as if 200 grand isnā€™t enough to get by unless your greedy.

Players donā€™t play for the same reason you follow a club.

3 Likes

He already had success. He could set himself and his family up for life, have a new challenge, and that is bad, how?

1 Like

Are you telling me you and your family cant survive on 200 grand a yearā€¦are you kidding meā€¦what planet are you fromā€¦new challenge my buttā€¦it was all about the money!!!

Zaka wonā€™t be leaving.iā€™ll be shocked if he does.

Safe as housesā€¦ barracked for us as a kid and now is playing for his childhood teamā€¦

1 Like

Heā€™d won 2 flags, a brownlow by that stage ?? ( if memory serves me correctly).
He went to GC to set himself up well beyond his footy career and supposedly GC was going to be premiership equal favs for a decade with GWS, so success was supposedly a factor also.

He was greedy, but also smart. when he doesnā€™t have to work prolly another day in his life post footy, while his 3 time premiership team mates are on some worksite, Iā€™m sure heā€™ll be happy with his greedy decision.

1 Like

and look how happy he is at the gold coastā€¦money aint everything.

Heā€™s not happy now cos they are going shithouse with no end in sight.

If anything it shows his lack of character that he just ship when he thinks the club isnā€™t going to be a legit finals contender.

but again iā€™m sure heā€™ll console himself with not being happy rolling around in all that money he has.

lol to those people who think you couldnā€™t set yourself up for life earning 200k per year for a sustained period

2 Likes

money is not a signifier for successā€¦unless your arrogant

Hopefully he stays, but itā€™s hardly a crisis if he leaves.

I donā€™t think weā€™d notice he was missing, if he does.

Yes with all of our quick, classy, outside players to chose from. Not sure how he gets a game.

No but it gives you a better quality of life. Players donā€™t know how long their careers will last so canā€™t blame them for making hay whilst the sun shines so to speak.

7 Likes

I didnā€™t say he wouldnā€™t get a game, I said heā€™d hardly be missed.

You know who your best players are when they arenā€™t playing, and your desperate to get them back in.
You canā€™t tell me that when Zaharakis isnā€™t playing, that we lose our structure and our performance drops. We donā€™t rush him back in because heā€™s the difference between winning and losing.

If he walks out, someone will take his spot in the team and we wonā€™t look back.

Saying that, he still offers something to the team and is a solid player for us.

Gotta act like your leaving for another club so they up the offer. textbook stuff.

Disco - ā€œYeah sure David, sorry to hear that youā€™re heading off to the Suns. Well add your cap space to the Josh Kelly fund. shame to see you goā€

1 Like