The great ZO'B

Looks like attack on titan.

Screams Brendan Lee to me.

Screams Brendan Lee to me.

Had no idea who he was so googled
Lol at the Baguely comments

O’Brien starred at local level in his teens, before finding his way to Essendon VFL in 2013 and recruited to the Lions where he spent two years, putting on hold a chiropractic degree he spent half a decade earning.

After dominating games in the NEAFL, including a 52-disposal match against the Swans in August this year, seven of his 13 AFL matches were spent in the vest.

From eight games this year, he was ranked the ninth most effective centre clearance player in the competition. The Lions calculated an 18 per cent differential winning the clearances based on his presence at the centre bounce.

O’Brien topped the reserves leaderboard with 55 votes, an incredible 34 more than runner-up Rohan Bewick, who was this week re-contracted by the Lions.

Clearance machine. Rookie him.

Want.

Would happily take him with a late pick, but is the reason he got dropped because of the Leppitsch incident or something else?

Take him late, kid can play!

If we wanted him we could take him as a DFA.
I’d think about it, he’s an upgrade on Kav. Just not much of a need now with Bird coming in, and you wouldn’t want to take him and Dan Coghlan, they’re all pretty similar types.

I like him but he’s a similar sort of player to Coghlan. There isn’t room for both of them on our list.

If we wanted him we could take him as a DFA. I'd think about it, he's an upgrade on Kav. Just not much of a need now with Bird coming in, and you wouldn't want to take him and Dan Coghlan, they're all pretty similar types.

Can’t have enough good players on your list. I’d take him over Coghlan based on the fact he has played AFL and hasn’t disgraced himself and Coghlan hasn’t and is a bit more of an unknown. Also opens up more rookie spots to chase small forwards.

How does using a list spot open up more rookie spots?

How does using a list spot open up more rookie spots?

You don’t take Coghlan as a rookie.

Probably wasn’t clear, basically we swap Kav for ZOB on the main list instead of taking a kid past 57 in the draft and I was assuming we would pick up Coghlan as a rookie.

K. I should ask why a rookie spot is more desirable to have open than a main list spot, but, naaahhhh

K. I should ask why a rookie spot is more desirable to have open than a main list spot, but, naaahhhh

Don’t we have to put him as a main list spot as a DFA? Didn’t think you could add him straight as a rookie, if we can then certainly go with that instead of a main list spot.

A ZOB on the NOB does not sound healthy.

needs a DOB of something

I think he goes straight on the main list.

Probably an upgrade on Hams.

BIO on the Brisbane website:

INTRODUCTION Zac O'Brien is an hard-running midfielder who plied his trade with Yarrawonga, Aberfeldie and Essendon VFL before being drafted to the AFL at the mature age of 23. He has forged a reputation for being a workaholic midfielder, who runs all day, boasts clean hands, and makes smart decisions with the ball.

BACKGROUND
• O’Brien was a relative journeyman in Victorian football circles. Originally from Wangaratta, he went on to represent Yarrawonga in the Ovens and Murray Football League, before a move to Melbourne in 2012 saw him join Aberfeldie in the Essendon Districts Football League (EDFL).

• He proved a standout in the EDFL and looked capable of playing at a higher level, so decided to join Essendon’s VFL side where he quickly caught the eye of AFL recruiters.

• He played 11 games and kicked three goals for Essendon (VFL) in 2013, averaging 14 kicks, eight handballs, and five marks per game.

• He was invited to the state screening, where he produced an impressive 14.2 beep test result - further enhancing his draft credentials.

• His persistence ended up paying off, with the Lions drafting him with Pick No.23 in the 2013 AFL Rookie Draft – a day he remembers as the ‘best of his life’.

• Before being drafted, O’Brien had completed his Bachelor of Health Sciences (Chiropractic)/Masters of Chiropractic Clinic, but happily left his Chiropractic career behind momentarily to pursue his AFL dream.

183cm/78kg. He’s already 25 though so perhaps not in the right age bracket for us.

If we wanted him we could take him as a DFA. I'd think about it, he's an upgrade on Kav. Just not much of a need now with Bird coming in, and you wouldn't want to take him and Dan Coghlan, they're all pretty similar types.

Can’t have enough good players on your list. I’d take him over Coghlan based on the fact he has played AFL and hasn’t disgraced himself and Coghlan hasn’t and is a bit more of an unknown. Also opens up more rookie spots to chase small forwards.

I’d take Coghlan first. Similar players, so I’d reward the one who played magoos with us, and show others that we do provide a path from our VFL to AFL lists if you are good enough.

I’d take Coghlan first. Similar players, so I’d reward the one who played magoos with us, and show others that we do provide a path from our VFL to AFL lists if you are good enough.

O’brien also played 2’s with us. I’m pretty sure we were interested in picking him up before the Lions took him first.