The Guitar Thread

No., I will though.

Strengthen your fingersā€¦itā€™s hard but itā€™s something you need. I started by just going 3/5 on each string up and down.

1 Like

Do basses count?

I also have a cheap Ibanez guitar.

5 Likes

Anyone play other instruments? I play keys as well as guitar/bass, and have been delving into the world of analog synths through digital emulations - softsynths.

Have now purchased my first real analog synth, a Dave Smith Prophet Rev2. The design aspect of building sounds from first principle (ie. an oscillator generating a waveform and shaping it with filters, envelopes and LFOs) is really interesting to me. Any keyboard players into this?

Obviously long gone, but where was that?

I donā€™t play it, but I have an old Korg Poly6 sitting in my garage. Plus a Kawai electric piano, and several guitars which I donā€™t play either!

2 Likes

I have an Ensoniq ASR10 with a bunch of floppy disks. Much easier to lug around than a Fairlight!

3 Likes

Allans on Bourke St.

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™m actually a drummer first but I picked up bass so I could write and play something melodic. I learned enough to play in an 80s cover band for a couple of years.

I also have a Roland synth that I picked up as well as that Ibanez guitar, although my guitar playing is rudimentary at best.

Itā€™s really fun trying to be Prince or Stevie Wonder and play every instrument on a track, but Iā€™m only proficient enough to make something listenable maybe once in five tries.

In the spare room I have 2 guitars, a bass, a piano, a drum kit and 2 violins. Iā€™m equally as bad at all of them.

3 Likes

Sounds like me , except itā€™s 5 guitars, on top of all that and a saxophone

1 Like

HI Blitzers
Ok, I have what I think is an 1981 Ibanez ar300 artist, (thereā€™s and 81 in the serial #).
K814101
Is there any way of telling if that is the model by just the serial, or a website I can go to to check/evaluate??
Itā€™s sitting around in it;s road case getting dusty, and Iā€™ve had a couple of offers- but you just want to make certain before the trigger is pulled. Any advise would be muchly appreciated- there seems to be some pretty good opinions on this thread.
ps, Iā€™m in Canada, so no, I canā€™t show you the guitarā€¦

Your guitar was made at the
Terada Plant, Japan
on November, 1981
Production Number: 4101

No way to tell the Model from a serial though, can you find a Model number?

Hello there Bloodstained
Mate, thanks for the quick confirmation!
Ok, no model number on the guitar, just ā€œproudly made by the craftsman at Ibanez Japanā€
I found a 1981 catalog on line, and it SEEMS to be a ā€œbrass beautyā€ AR300. Matches the description. Your confirmation of the serial # suggests thatā€™s correct.
Apreciated.
Oh, and fark carlton

1 Like

basses ABSOLUTELY count.
#stanleyclarke#flea#geddylee etc, etc

Try the ā€œother single cutsā€ bit of the MyLesPaul forum. Basically focussed on Japanese stuff like this.

1 Like

I have a few guitars to sell for the estate of a mate who died earlier this year and Iā€™m struggling with a value to put on the bass. Anyone have any idea what a Steinberg Headless bass in excellent condition would be worth?

1 Like

Broken.
Iā€™ll get rid of it for you.

(Check completed eBay listings over 3-4 years, probably the best bet).
And sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Youā€™re dead to meā€¦ :slight_smile:

Bring back the saxophone solo !

Hmmm, I wonder how ā€˜Harden My Heartā€™ would go in the DJ King thread ?
Might have to make a reappearance :sunglasses: