The Guitar Thread

Some furniture to go with your guitar hoody.

4 Likes

9 Likes

:drooling_face: what year?

Picked it up for 3k from a mate who is down on his luck, with the caveat he can buy it back for the same price if he gets back on his feet.
He has a 1990 standard also…

1 Like

Well now.
They’re never going to intonate.

3 Likes

So…you kinda have a motive to make sure he does not!

He has an Explorer also…
I’m not screening his calls, put it that way.

1 Like

Im thinking of selling my Orange Thunderberb 50 half stack. Anyone looking for an amp?

Finally back to school yesterday and fretting about

3 Likes

I llluuurrrvvv the orange sound. But a rig like that would be preposterous in terms my playing ability and police calls from the neighbors.
Why are you selling it?

Was the zero fret a personal choice, or the only design pattern?

I know nothing about frets so just used what I was given in the parts kit. As far as I can tell the standard package uses generally good materials but not high end. You can swap out for your own bits and pieces if you want with cost adjustment, as I did for the ebony fretboard (pacific rosewood was supplied). As it’s my first build I’m not being too fussy - it’s as much about learning as the product. If I do another one I might go to town. What are your thoughts on those frets?

Might have misunderstood your question :laughing:

1 Like

Ok, there’s no zero fret - the last slot is for the nut. But I learned something more thanks to your Q :smile:

1 Like

hahahaha - ok, at first glance of the photo, it looked like a zero-fret. Now I can see it’s a shadow :slight_smile:

Basically selling the orange because I want one of these…

Marshall SV20 stack. Beautiful little plexi style 20watt marsh. Drool.

2 Likes

Finally put the finishing touches on my lockdown 2020 Partscaster project. Got the intonation properly sorted by a professional guitar tech because it was annoying me too much.

• Rosewood neck, bone nut and swamp ash body, both from Warmoth
  • Used an ebony grain filler to make the grains pop, sanded that off and applied walnut Colortone stain and finished with 12 coats of Danish oil.
  • Fender V-Mod pickups
  • Gotoh bridge
  • Hipshot Locking tuners
  • Obsidianwire 4 position switch (4th position put the pickups in a series to emulate a humbucker)

It’s my first single coil guitar and I love it. Might do Strat Partscaster for my next project.

10 Likes

Managed to get the full 4 hours of class time in yesterday (I’m usually late or have to leave early)

2 Likes

5 Likes

What are you using to carve the neck?