The Hangar - Fox Footy

It’s just lifting and refreshing to see him again - does it have to be more complicated than that? There’s something about James that’s inspirational. He was inspirational on the field and nothing’s changed since. Loved how he spoke about the upcoming season - typical Hirdy conviction!

Bingo.

When the media trolls are let loose on his name and reputation for months on end, 90 seconds of watching his hair and smile makes the world seem all alright again. No joke. He doesn’t even need to address the haters, just a quick check in, tell us he’s okay, we’re okay, let’s play football, etc.

And, as he has done for the past 14 months, did nothing to fuel the rot.  Just footy.

I get excited watching Hirdy anytime he’s on The Hangar, last night was no exception. Aside from yaco, I can’t say I’ve read about any other EFC supporters who didn’t enjoy his short interview.

Don't feed the Bigfooty trolls, guys. Just ignore Yaco. He's obviously trolling now. 

I don’t mind it, it’s our non-extremist way of sticking it up everyone else.

They just want to see him gone, an he’s not going. Actions speak louder than words.

I don't understand why Hird is on this episode of Bomber TV. Whether we like it or not he is suspended. He should appear on Bomber TV the week in which his suspension finishes. It's poor timing. 

That is ridiculous. Poor timing, the timing doesn't matter. Let me guess, we should just be quite and take it. No, we need Hird and Bomber out there showing everyone there is no issue between them and they will stick to the plan.

What issues are there between Thompson and Hird ? Stop believing the media ! I don't care what the media writes or says. I am old enough and ugly enough to make  my own decisions ! I don't see the relevance or need for Hird to be on Bomber TV this week. That's a decision the club has made and I am expressing my opinion. It's not a life or death matter. I stress that I support Essendon Football Club and dont support the club because of Hird or Thompson or Madden etc. The CLUB is greater than the individual . 

What you'll find Yaco is that this is an issue people are passionate about.

To suggest Hird should not a part of the club because the AFL have suspended him from coaching is not going to be a popular opinion.

You can't expect to air an unpopular opinion and not have it challenged, can you?

You can't justify this unpopular opinion, with "well, it's my opinion, you have no right to challenge my opinion".

You are, quite simply, wrong.

James Hird is the coach of the Essendon Football Club, and as such he has an obligation to go on the club's TV show, and to generally promote the club in any way he can, until the suspension ends, and then he can return to coaching.

To suggest his supposed crime, of mismanaging the sports science department should somehow restrict him from his job is a ridiculous notion put forward by those who would have preferred to see him hung out to dry by the club, in reality, for something very different, namely advising ASADA that Andrew Demetriou broke the law by notifying his mate David Evans of the impending investigation.

To espouse that line of thinking here is not going to be received very well, so I don't understand how you can simply offer "well, it's my opinion" and not be challenged on it.

It might be my opinion that grass is made of licorice and we should all eat it.

Doesn't make it right, and it doesn't mean people shouldn't be able to express their opinion that this position is farcical and deserving of redress.

Oh dear, now Virginia Trioili ABC news 24 in full support of. Caroline Wilson, and her coverage of James Hird. Sorry Big Chief Mods Person …I do not know how to post a way to download. Sorry. Sorry. So…r…r…y.

I don't understand why Hird is on this episode of Bomber TV. Whether we like it or not he is suspended. He should appear on Bomber TV the week in which his suspension finishes. It's poor timing.

That is ridiculous. Poor timing, the timing doesn't matter. Let me guess, we should just be quite and take it. No, we need Hird and Bomber out there showing everyone there is no issue between them and they will stick to the plan.
What issues are there between Thompson and Hird ? Stop believing the media ! I don't care what the media writes or says. I am old enough and ugly enough to make my own decisions ! I don't see the relevance or need for Hird to be on Bomber TV this week. That's a decision the club has made and I am expressing my opinion. It's not a life or death matter. I stress that I support Essendon Football Club and dont support the club because of Hird or Thompson or Madden etc. The CLUB is greater than the individual .
Fair enough.
However, some of us think it was great timing.
All opinions welcome on BB.

Oh dear, now Virginia Trioili ABC news 24 in full support of. Caroline Wilson, and her coverage of James Hird. Sorry Big Chief Mods Person ....I do not know how to post a way to download. Sorry. Sorry. So..........r.....r.....y.

Virginia Trioli has come out with a couple of off hand remarks throughout the saga about Essendon cheating.
It all made sense this morning when she revealed that she's a passionate Carlton supporter.
Explains it all.

I'm more than happy for the subtle fark you AFL, you cannot silence me.  (Even if that's not the clubs intention).

In reality the ABC News 24 morning program with Ms Trioli is just a heavier version of Sunrise and the other one on commercial TV. They are like magazines and their presenters are compères rather than journalists. The ABC has not considered the Essendon side of the argument ever so although disappointing, it is not surprising.

The club IS bigger than the individual and no one has demonstrated their belief in that more than Hird. The misrepresentation of what Hird actually said by the Age headline last night and today: ‘Hird says his return will ‘reward’ supporters’ is disgraceful and should only feed the gleeful bias of anti Essendon and anti Hird types.

I love the fact it’s upset so many non essendon people. He needs a weekly segment on the hanger showing highlights of his trip to France. Caro’s head would explode.

He should do a weekly “Hirdy’s diary” segment while over in France.

we were flying until the hawks game when they were told no finals.

if that's the only thing that stopped them in their tracks the media can come as hard as they ******* want as far as I'm concerned.

fire up. come at us everyone.

something something mick ellis.

Bingo.
When the media trolls are let loose on his name and reputation for months on end, 90 seconds of watching his hair and smile makes the world seem all alright again. No joke. He doesn't even need to address the haters, just a quick check in, tell us he's okay, we're okay, let's play football, etc.

a whole lotta freakin this. 

i was not excited about our game this week at all. but now? bring it. 

PS: can we have a thread option where it "likes" every post, except for taco's? 

What's wrong with Tacos?

What's wrong with Tacos?

whatever.

Obviously we can expect more of this crap during the season. Media continually attacking James Hirds character. It is a pathetic attempt at divide and conquer. Especially stupid was the comments about how it was affecting Bomber Thompson..... WTF! What possible negative effect could it have on BT or the team? 

I was rapt to see James Hird on The Hangar..... Wish him and his family a safe and rewarding trip. Cant wait to see him back in the Coaches box. 

I think he will need an enormous show of support from the fans a la the 'StandByHird' campaign when that time comes.