The List

Appendicitis is awesome.

You get to make friends with Sister Morphine, you get time off work to bludge, you get sympathy for a standard procedure, you get a scar that you can pretend was from a gang fight...

Actually that’s true the morphine drip is great. The fact I couldn’t eat for about 18 hours was not.

Interns.

VCE

VCE

Pfft.
Do it without the Internet and get back to me.

I miss the VCE days. I didn't even bother studying for one of my subjects and it all worked out fine, I couldn't get away with that now. 

Pfft.
Do it without the Internet and get back to me.

Does me just as much bad as it does good I reckon, but point taken. Old fart  ;)

You won't realise how good VCE is til its done. Had a lot of fun getting ■■■■■■ on the weekend; $10 each for a bottle of vodka (said bottle would only last one night, would be hospitalised if I drank like that nowadays) and you're right to go. Enjoy it abers. :)

Anyway since this is the complaining thread, I suppose I could say the remnants of VCE are still hanging around my belly....

Appendicitis is awesome.

You get to make friends with Sister Morphine, you get time off work to bludge, you get sympathy for a standard procedure, you get a scar that you can pretend was from a gang fight...

But a burst one hurts like hell! And let me tell you, peretonitis sucks big time!

Waking up

PITA clients.

I have one that I have been actively trying to lose, but I can't seem to do it. Latest effort involves delaying a 30 minute job for 9 days (and counting), and sending them a quote that's around 4x the actual cost. If they accept it, I'll delay the job another week then bill them another 50% on top of the quote just to see what happens.

I'm coming down with a cold and I do not have time to get sick and I most certainly do not have time for resting. 

I hope you feel better soon :slight_smile:

I don't want your sympathy. I want an instant cure.

Death?

Harsh

■■■■■ me when people describe something that is hard as having a "steep learning curve"

would've thought that means its easy to learn

But a burst one hurts like hell! And let me tell you, peretonitis sucks big time!

It killed my grandfather...admittedly before penicillin was discovered.
Peritonitis that is.

This. As much fun as it was to watch the 98 Word Cup from a Hospital bed ripped off my ■■■■ on morphine, I don't want to go through pain like that ever again. Or getting the drainage tube removed. Or my stomach not restarting for a week. 

Harsh

Nicola doesn't just have a cold - she IS cold!