The Mandela Effect

I won’t explain what it is. I will simply ask you three questions. I ask please, in the spirit of the discussion, if you could answer honestly and quickly - the answer that immediately pops into your head, no research please.

Fill in the blanks:-

1. … mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?
  2. Sex…the city
  3. Interview with…Vampire

What popped into my head first?

Déjà vu.

rgjwporqg

OK you don’t wanna play, that’s fine.

Mirror
And
The

Interesting Simmo, you Mandela effected on the first one (everyone does) but not the next two and I think there’s a good reason for that.

For what it’s worth, my answers, and the answers of the vast majority, are
Mirror
In
A

Literally thousands have the exact same memory - thus the Mandela Effect

Much like ‘play it again, Sam’ was never uttered, I suspect the correct answer is Magic Mirror rather than Mirror Mirror.

So:
Magic
And
The

Amazing

For what it's worth, my answers, and the answers of the vast majority, are Mirror In A

why is it called the Mandela effect Vinnie?

For what it's worth, my answers, and the answers of the vast majority, are Mirror In A

The Mandela Effect is when a large number of people remember something clearly, which turns out to (supposedly) be an incorrect memory. After Mandela was released from jail, a large number of people were stunned as they had a clear memory of him DYING in jail.

bugman5’s answer about “magic mirror” is dodgy as - he definitely researched it I’ll put money on it. But, don’t believe me, put it to the test yourself. Ask all your family and friends if they have heard of the Mandela effect. If they say no, ask them to fill in the blank …mirror on the wall. I guarantee EVERY ONE of them will say Mirror Mirror. Try it. This is a seriously trippy thing.

So… something is badly pronounced, or sounds a lot like something ekse that makes sense and people make a mistake, and the logical explanation is that lizard aliens from a parallel universe are pulling the strings. Yup, I get it… and so does Occam.

The Mandela Effect is when a large number of people remember something clearly, which turns out to (supposedly) be an incorrect memory. After Mandela was released from jail, a large number of people were stunned as they had a clear memory of him DYING in jail.

bugman5’s answer about “magic mirror” is dodgy as - he definitely researched it I’ll put money on it. But, don’t believe me, put it to the test yourself. Ask all your family and friends if they have heard of the Mandela effect. If they say no, ask them to fill in the blank …mirror on the wall. I guarantee EVERY ONE of them will say Mirror Mirror. Try it. This is a seriously trippy thing.

…because people have been saying “mirror, mirror” for decades if not longer. There’s nothing strange, let alone trippy about it. The original text was in German anyway.

ah gotcha

I knew ‘Magic mirror’ (used to work in a theatre)
Knew Sex 'and ’ the City as my wife was a show tragic
Got the last one wrong thought it was ‘a’

So..... something is badly pronounced, or sounds a lot like something ekse that makes sense and people make a mistake, and the logical explanation is that lizard aliens from a parallel universe are pulling the strings. Yup, I get it... and so does Occam.

Wake up sheeple. Jet fuel can’t melt steel beams.

Mandela did it.

Researched it? Or was it me who created the myth in the first place. I’m everywhere and nowhere.

Here’s a novel suggestion. Do some personal investigative work. You’re not too mentally lazy or locked into your own opinions to actually experiment are you? No, I’m sure you’re not.

I suggest you vet and choose a number of appropriate interviewees. I reckon the best age range is 30+. They must NOT have heard of the Mandela Effect. Because if they have, they have probably also heard the correct answer to the question. You then say this to them:

“Have you seen the Walt Disney cartoon Snow White?” “Remember the scene when the wicked queen looks in the mirror and asks who is the fairest of them all?” “She says ‘Something Mirror on the wall…’” “What does she really say?”

That’s how to conduct the experiment. I have done it on numerous people and I can tell you in all honesty I have NEVER found anyone, meeting the above criteria, who answered anything other than “Mirror, Mirror.”

I’m not even attempting to suggest that I have the explanation for this phenomenon, I’m merely saying it is a phenomenon worthy of scientific research. If you’re set in your opinion about it, that’s fine move on to another thread you find interesting, but if you’re open minded about it you’ll find it extremely intriguing and a lot of fun.

By the way there are quite a few examples of the Mandela Effect but I personally have found Mirror Mirror the best one to begin with. :slight_smile:

As a kid I preferred the wicked Queen over Snow White.

Joan Collins, the Wicked Queen… There’s a name for the thing I’ve got.

You go for the mysterious, sultry types?
Hey Digs, can you give me an honest answer?
You know the Kevin Costner movie Field of Dreams?
Finish this sentence…“Build it and … will come!”