The Mandela Effect

He

Build it and he will come.

Invite J Collins and I will come.

He
Thanks and you are correct (you smarty pants).

However, I and heaps of others, would have put big bucks on “Build it and THEY will come!”

Dunno why but there you go. How about the Mirror Mirror thing - honest please?

I would have said ‘mirror’.

Now ask Mrs Diggers.

She’ll think I’m questioning her morning appearance. Very risky.

Thing is Vinnie, even though it might be Magic Mirror, it entered popular culture as Mirror Mirror,… it’s not a shared memory or Mandela effect, it’s repetitive wrongness, & ignorance.

You know, like how the majority of the sheeple actually think we took PEDS, & are drug cheats because the media keeps saying we did, when the FACT is we didn’t, & there is no proof we even had any at the club.

That’s no Mandela anything mate, that’s just propaganda & stupidity.

Also, as another example, I never ever thought Nelson Mandela died in prison, & anyone that watched the news regularly back then, would have known he was still in there & there was a large movement pushing for his release, that never quit until he was.

I’ve actually never met anyone like you describe, who thought he died in jail.

Freeeeeeeee
Nelson Maaaandelaaaaaaa

Is Mandela dead ?

Is Mandela dead ?

He’s a spirit in the sky.

Freeeeeeeee Nelson Maaaandelaaaaaaa
Specials MkII?
Thing is Vinnie, even though it might be Magic Mirror, it entered popular culture as Mirror Mirror,.. it's not a shared memory or Mandela effect, it's repetitive wrongness, & ignorance.

You know, like how the majority of the sheeple actually think we took PEDS, & are drug cheats because the media keeps saying we did, when the FACT is we didn’t, & there is no proof we even had any at the club.

That’s no Mandela anything mate, that’s just propaganda & stupidity.

Also, as another example, I never ever thought Nelson Mandela died in prison, & anyone that watched the news regularly back then, would have known he was still in there & there was a large movement pushing for his release, that never quit until he was.

I’ve actually never met anyone like you describe, who thought he died in jail.

For what it’s worth I never thought Mandela was dead and I do not personally know anybody else who did. However, apparently, there is a large number of people who did for reasons unknown to me, I haven’t researched that issue much so I don’t know… But this Mirror Mirror thing is as plain as the nose on your face, OK? It is ridiculous to simply say "Yes it is Magic Mirror but it ‘entered popular culture’ as Mirror Mirror. That doesn’t explain a thing! HOW? FFS. That is the question. If it was magic mirror everybody wouldn’t remember it as mirror mirror. Saying “Oh they just do” doesn’t cut the mustard. Sorry.

Because people remember the parody better than the original.

Everybody? I’m sorry but that just doesn’t do it for me. I need a more compelling answer, mate.

Everybody? I’m sorry but that just doesn’t do it for me. I need a more compelling answer, mate.

Well, no. Not everybody.
But it’s been over thirty years since I’ve seen Snow White, so I’m not actually quoting the line, I’m quoting a meme.

I’m not saying it’s not an interesting phenomenon, it is. But I do think it’s mostly one with a fairly simple explanation. There’s another one in the original Star Wars. ‘Luke, I am your father.’ Or ‘No, I am your father.’ One of those (maybe both!) is wrong and lots of people get it wrong.
But it became a meme because stand-up comedians and talk show hosts latched onto it and, whether for reasons of context or brevity, changed it.
So we quote the parody and forget the original line.

OK, so we all agree that none of us knew anyone who thought Mandela was dead, but nearly everyone we don’t know did.

People like us are smart.

From somewhere … It really is quite simple.

The reason “mirror, mirror on the wall” is so popular is because it’s in the original Brothers Grimm tale.
The original:
Spieglein, Spieglein, an der Wand,
Wer ist die Schönste im ganzen Land?
Which translates to
Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who’s the fairest on the land?
Walt Disney didn’t invent fairy tales. Things were referenced by books since much before the invention of cinema and this particular phrase was already part of traditional culture before the 1937 film.

Bang!

This changes everything !!

What have you got to say now Mr Demitrifuk.???

Oh, also …

End/thread.

Is this really that interesting?

Genuine question.