The Mandela Effect

In short, no. Tin foil hat brigade.

Some blogger invented the theory, & the term.

Parallel universes we apparently all fell through at the same time, & therefore all have the same wrong memory.

Habib, pls.

Sounds more like the ‘public conscious’ than any kind of grand idea.

Parallel universes we apparently all fell through at the same time, & therefore all have the same wrong memory.

Habib, pls.

You’ve had a lot to say in a thread that you supposedly don’t find interesting.

Because people remember the parody better than the original.

Pretty much it. People remember people talking about the ‘thing’ rather than the ‘thing’ itself.

Habib, pls.

You’ve had a lot to say in a thread that you supposedly don’t find interesting.

Funny that. I seem to always be interested in stuff until I’m not .

Newsflash: sometimes people are stupid and remember stuff wrong.

When I studied psychology ( yeah yeah coals to Newcastle) … This was known as confabulation… Tis very common

Confabulation : Psychiatry. the replacement of a gap in a person’s memory by a falsification that he or she believes to be true.

So we all got this GAP, how?

Is it just me or are some of you guys a little scared to dabble in things that might be beyond the 5 senses? Don’t be afraid, embrace the unknown, it’s how we grow and evolve. Fear is our enemy… :wink:

“We all” didn’t. Things are less impressive when they’re not absolutes.

Just know that even if y’all dumb as rocks I still luvs y’all <3

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91IxY1hZb8L.SL1500.jpg

From somewhere .. It really is quite simple.

The reason “mirror, mirror on the wall” is so popular is because it’s in the original Brothers Grimm tale.
The original:
Spieglein, Spieglein, an der Wand,
Wer ist die Schönste im ganzen Land?
Which translates to
Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who’s the fairest on the land?
Walt Disney didn’t invent fairy tales. Things were referenced by books since much before the invention of cinema and this particular phrase was already part of traditional culture before the 1937 film.

Bang!

This changes everything !!

What have you got to say now Mr Demitrifuk.???

Well, I am no academic, but even I can see that all that proves is that Mandela was actually German. It’s no coincidence that they founded white Suth Efrica.

Just know that even if y'all dumb as rocks I still luvs y'all <3
Is there a study into the use of emoticons?
Just know that even if y'all dumb as rocks I still luvs y'all <3
Is there a study into the use of emoticons?
Yes. By the Grimm Bros. It's a bit out of date, though. They did a smiley face but everyone remembers it as a frown. :) :( ;)
Confabulation : Psychiatry. the replacement of a gap in a person's memory by a falsification that he or she believes to be true.

Is it just me or are some of you guys a little scared to dabble in things that might be beyond the 5 senses? Don’t be afraid, embrace the unknown, it’s how we grow and evolve. Fear is our enemy… :wink:

It's how memory works. You're not remembering the thing itself. You're just recalling the most recent time you thought about the thing.

If you can’t recall the exact detail of something, your brain just fills in the gap with something that makes sense based on other life experiences to date. The next time you recall it, you remember part-original and parts-the-brain-filled-in.

Example: Interview With ___ Vampire. Your brain remembers “Interview” and “Vampire” but is a a bit hazy on what goes in the middle. What you know about language/grammar/syntax suggests that “with a” is a pretty good fit, so that becomes the “memory”. You go to recall it again next time, and what flashes up is the patch-job your brain created last time.

That’s how

Confabulation : Psychiatry. the replacement of a gap in a person's memory by a falsification that he or she believes to be true.

It's how memory works. You're not remembering the thing itself. You're just recalling the most recent time you thought about the thing.

If you can’t recall the exact detail of something, your brain just fills in the gap with something that makes sense based on other life experiences to date. The next time you recall it, you remember part-original and parts-the-brain-filled-in.

Example: Interview With ___ Vampire. Your brain remembers “Interview” and “Vampire” but is a a bit hazy on what goes in the middle. What you know about language/grammar/syntax suggests that “with a” is a pretty good fit, so that becomes the “memory”. You go to recall it again next time, and what flashes up is the patch-job your brain created last time.

That’s how

Soooo the incorrect memories haven’t been implanted by the Illuminati or by aliens? That’s weird.

That’s how

Soooo the incorrect memories haven’t been implanted by the Illuminati or by aliens? That’s weird.

what if __ are the Illuminati lizard-men.

xxxooo

That’s how

what if __ are the Illuminati lizard-men.

If your brain was made of chocolate, it wouldn’t fill an M&M

That’s how

Please tell me you’re not really satisfied with that explanation.