The Mandela Effect

Confabulation : Psychiatry. the replacement of a gap in a person's memory by a falsification that he or she believes to be true.

So we all got this GAP, how?

Is it just me or are some of you guys a little scared to dabble in things that might be beyond the 5 senses? Don’t be afraid, embrace the unknown, it’s how we grow and evolve. Fear is our enemy… :wink:

It's how memory works. You're not remembering the thing itself. You're just recalling the most recent time you thought about the thing.

If you can’t recall the exact detail of something, your brain just fills in the gap with something that makes sense based on other life experiences to date. The next time you recall it, you remember part-original and parts-the-brain-filled-in.

Example: Interview With ___ Vampire. Your brain remembers “Interview” and “Vampire” but is a a bit hazy on what goes in the middle. What you know about language/grammar/syntax suggests that “with a” is a pretty good fit, so that becomes the “memory”. You go to recall it again next time, and what flashes up is the patch-job your brain created last time.

That’s how

Soooo the incorrect memories haven’t been implanted by the Illuminati or by aliens? That’s weird.

Awww it's so cute when you try to talk about things you don't understand. Is daddy letting you use his computer again, awwww nice daddy.

You are getting baited Vinnie, and you’re falling for it badly.

You’re the lizard-people-illuminati-steel-beams guy; accept and embrace it.

Confabulation : Psychiatry. the replacement of a gap in a person's memory by a falsification that he or she believes to be true.

Is it just me or are some of you guys a little scared to dabble in things that might be beyond the 5 senses? Don’t be afraid, embrace the unknown, it’s how we grow and evolve. Fear is our enemy… :wink:

It's how memory works. You're not remembering the thing itself. You're just recalling the most recent time you thought about the thing.

If you can’t recall the exact detail of something, your brain just fills in the gap with something that makes sense based on other life experiences to date. The next time you recall it, you remember part-original and parts-the-brain-filled-in.

Example: Interview With ___ Vampire. Your brain remembers “Interview” and “Vampire” but is a a bit hazy on what goes in the middle. What you know about language/grammar/syntax suggests that “with a” is a pretty good fit, so that becomes the “memory”. You go to recall it again next time, and what flashes up is the patch-job your brain created last time.

That’s how

Soooo the incorrect memories haven’t been implanted by the Illuminati or by aliens? That’s weird.

Awww it's so cute when you try to talk about things you don't understand. Is daddy letting you use his computer again, awwww nice daddy.

WTF??

Seems Daddy might be letting you use the laptop to me.

You are getting baited Vinnie, and you're falling for it badly.

You’re the lizard-people-illuminati-steal-beams guy; accept and embrace it.

I hear you bro.

WTF??

Why is that? Was I the one mentioning aliens, reptilians and the Illuminati?

That’s how

Alien daddy only lets me use the computer so I can rebut the arguments of people like you who are totally onto us!

Bleep bleep bloop bloop blop.

WTF??

No, but you are the one making comments like a 5 year old.

Very “I know you are, but what am I?” … do you read your own posts?

People say the alien lizard people Jet fuel/steel beams etc jibes every day of the week here to take the urine, and you completely dissed Simmo 41’s perfect scientific response as if it were a joke.
Have you heard of science?

Up til now I didn’t even think you were serious about this Mandela effect ■■■■. You don’t truly believe this do you?

If you do, then you’re in for lots of Alien Lizard people type derision, and sorry to say, but IMO, will deserve every pixel’s worth of it.

That’s how

what if __ are the Illuminati lizard-men.

If your brain was made of chocolate, it wouldn’t fill an M&M

are they crispy mms?

That’s how

what if __ are the Illuminati lizard-men.

If your brain was made of chocolate, it wouldn’t fill an M&M

are they crispy mms?

There’s more surface area in crispy m&m’s you know.

WTF??

No, but you are the one making comments like a 5 year old.

A couple of examples please?

Very “I know you are, but what am I?” … do you read your own posts?

What does that mean?

People say the alien lizard people Jet fuel/steel beams etc jibes every day of the week here to take the urine, and you completely dissed Simmo 41’s perfect scientific response as if it were a joke.

Yes it probably did sound dismissive - sorry Simmo - but I just thought his explanation missed the mark by a country mile. Take his explanation and line it up beside the fact that the words Mirror Mirror have been used as the title for a song, a movie, in books, all over the place and it is almost everybody's memory The explanation he gave just doesn't cut it, not even close. If anything Simmo was being a little dismissive.....of the facts.

Have you heard of science?

Sarcasm, much?

Up til now I didn’t even think you were serious about this Mandela effect ■■■■. You don’t truly believe this do you?

I absolutely believe the facts but I'm not pretending to know the reason behind the facts.

If you do, then you’re in for lots of Alien Lizard people type derision, and sorry to say, but IMO, will deserve every pixel’s worth of it.

That would be seen as an extremely closed minded sentiment by any fair minded person, who unfortunately seem to be few and far between on BB these days. It's sad really.

I don’t think you’d know a fact if it came up & bit you on the ■■■■■ mate.

You gone.

Surely that the source material is the version everyone uses gives you some pause on that particular example.
I saw Snow White when the Wonderful World of Disney was still running on Sunday nights.
But I grew up with Grimm Bros books, I bought their complete fables as an adult (they’re racist as fuck) and read yet another version to my daughter.

Surely that the source material is the version everyone uses gives you some pause on that particular example. I saw Snow White when the Wonderful World of Disney was still running on Sunday nights. But I grew up with Grimm Bros books, I bought their complete fables as an adult (they're racist as fuck) and read yet another version to my daughter.
Are you saying that the general public, the people who made the music video Mirror Mirror, the people who made the movie Mirror Mirror, and all the countless other references to Mirror Mirror is because they are all referring back to the Grimm Bros book and not the Disney cartoon? Disney's Snow White came out in 1937. Don't you think almost everyone would be more familiar with the Disney adaptation of the story? I certainly was, I never read the Grimm Bros version at all, and I remembered it as Mirror Mirror and would have bet my last cent on it. I think I'll make that my last word on the subject before I start telling people a few home truths about themselves and get myself suspended again. ;)

What’s this about lizard people?

Surely that the source material is the version everyone uses gives you some pause on that particular example. I saw Snow White when the Wonderful World of Disney was still running on Sunday nights. But I grew up with Grimm Bros books, I bought their complete fables as an adult (they're racist as fuck) and read yet another version to my daughter.
Are you saying that the general public, the people who made the music video Mirror Mirror, the people who made the movie Mirror Mirror, and all the countless other references to Mirror Mirror is because they are all referring back to the Grimm Bros book and not the Disney cartoon? Disney's Snow White came out in 1937. Don't you think almost everyone would be more familiar with the Disney adaptation of the story? I certainly was, I never read the Grimm Bros version at all, and I remembered it as Mirror Mirror and would have bet my last cent on it. I think I'll make that my last word on the subject before I start telling people a few home truths about themselves and get myself suspended again. ;)

I’m saying the fables are as much in the back of the public conscience as the 1937 Disney film is, yeah.
If you asked people about Cinderella I think you’d get similar discrepencies.
Alice in Wonderland and Lion, Witch and Wardrobe even moreso.

Oh, did you think you got suspended because you said ‘home truths’?
How cute :slight_smile:

Don’t think we’re dealing with quite the full picnic …

The Mandela Effect. Fairytale or possible?

Wouldn’t it be the Mirror effect?

Never heard anyone say Mandela died in prison.