The mega gnashing of teeth, save the players etc

I’ve had it. This is the worst football ive ever seen our club play.

As the thread title says, we need change. Il start with hird, because i do not rate him one bit as a coach and i believed the best thing we can do is move him on and start fresh. He was my football idol growing up. But tactically he is rubbish.i have jumpers with the number 5 on it from when I was a kid, but man he cannot coach. There are many, many examples i could bring up this year (goldstein v smack, lol) but il give you one. To drop shaun edwards, leave in ambrose and bring in melksham is a HORRIBLE decision. Melksham being a walk up start to our side is honestly laughable. Whats more laughable? Ambrose gets a game. He is honestly one of the biggest plodders ive seen, id be happy if he never played a game again. He has TWO kicks for the game

We continue to let stein get bags kicked on him and we are trying to mould hooker, a all australian backman into a forward. Its ridiculous. Hooker is NOT a forward. We are ruining the careers of hooker and carlisle swapping them between forwards and defenders. For mine, send hooker back and trade carlisle for something worthy

Recruiting cooney was a terrible decision

Gleeson is not up to it. Do not rate. I know people will not agree but i dont rate marty. He’s simply not physically made for afl and doesn’t impact contests.

O’brien is a dud. Marcus bullen had a few good games of afl too

If a suitable trade came up for zaharakis came up id absolutely take it. He is easily the most overrated player on our list. Soft one way runner, ive had it with him

i could go on, but fk, whats the point. We need a SERIOUS review of our list. Where are we going? I honestly cannot see the next 5 years being any good

Where do we go from here?

Ziggy was brought in by the AFL and Evans to provide a scathing report regarding governance pertaining to the supplement program. The AFL at that stage had an agreement with Asada that the players would be fine so the report would pacify the moron public and give the AFL licence to sanction the club.Then Asada opted out of the deal

Unfortunately things went horribly wrong for the AFL who in turn went hell for leather at EFC to protect their image ie EFC acted alone

So in short…the AFL panicked from day 1, misread the situation and left us in the poo.

30 months later and no sign of the ■■■■ carter

Our board wasn't as good as ASADA and AFL. We forgot to take out those bits that didn't help us before publishing.
Ziggy made comments about a supplement program when he had no idea what was going on there, who was in charge, who wasn't or any experience to make those comments. (Leave those bits IN because we do need them). Ziggy was meant to make comments on organisational processes and he went much further than that, by making comments on things he had no idea about at all. He has answered no questions to ASADA just like his mate David Evans.
You actually think Z Switkowski came to Essendon with an agenda?

I’ll bet he didn’t even know what an Essendon was before they hired him.

You Sir are ignorant. Ziggy was on the Board of Evans and Evans that’s the former Chairman David Evans Company. Along with Andrew Demetriou, Eddie McGuire and a couple of the AFL people and people on the AFL Commission. Of course he came with an agenda and this was supposed to be an INTERNAL report for the Essendon Board only. That went well didn’t it?
Sorry but I'm with Diggers. What did Ziggy do wrong?

The club, and namely Evans, and the club/board/media/AFL/whoever leaked it (I’m guessing the AFL?) made a HUGE mistake in commissioning it.

But as Diggers said, he commented on what he saw, and it was crap. He prefaced it by saying it was not a comment on drugs in sport or pharmaceuticals but rather internal controls, systems and governance. Others have taken it and crucified us with it unfairly by ignoring that preface but is that Ziggy’s fault?

Also I just had a flashback to some of the posts which at the time said “another master stroke by Evans. Bring his big hitter Ziggy in who holds a lot of sway to give us the all clear, that will be huge for us. We’ll be fine.” lol.

ahh yes “you never commission a report and make it public unless you already know what it is going to say”…

Sorry but I’m with Diggers. What did Ziggy do wrong?

The club, and namely Evans, and the club/board/media/AFL/whoever leaked it (I’m guessing the AFL?) made a HUGE mistake in commissioning it.

But as Diggers said, he commented on what he saw, and it was crap. He prefaced it by saying it was not a comment on drugs in sport or pharmaceuticals but rather internal controls, systems and governance. Others have taken it and crucified us with it unfairly by ignoring that preface but is that Ziggy’s fault?

Also I just had a flashback to some of the posts which at the time said “another master stroke by Evans. Bring his big hitter Ziggy in who holds a lot of sway to give us the all clear, that will be huge for us. We’ll be fine.” lol.

Our board wasn’t as good as ASADA and AFL. We forgot to take out those bits that didn’t help us before publishing.

None of us are qualified either but that hasn’t stopped anyone.

I do not accept that premise.

At all.

He didn’t tell the club what to do, he reported what he saw.

And what he saw was shi te.

As BF has said, he wasn’t qualified to comment on what he saw.

There is so much tin-foil being used around here I'm starting to wish I had shares in Comalco.

Aren’t they in competition with Gemba? Hmmm …

Yeah, you're right. That report has been a great help to the club both externally and internally. What would the last two years have been without it?
You're going the man, not the ball.

Your anger should be directed towards the dorks who implemented the regime in the first place, not toward the the bloke who itemized the f*ck-up.

And after all that apportioning, any remaining anger should be directed toward those who decided to release the report knowing its effing contents.

Floyd mayweather?

At all.

Wow.

Just…

wow.

Is there anyone at all you think is ‘that bad’?

Not sure why some continue to sink the slipper into Z Switkowski. After-all, he did what he was hired to do.

Not Ziggy himself, but the report and its being publicised - so yeah, not Ziggy’s fault, the other guy. Won’t mention his name.

Yeah, you’re right.
That report has been a great help to the club both externally and internally.
What would the last two years have been without it?

At all.

Neither do I, just thought I’d say it before someone else did.

For a moment there I thought your account had been hacked.

At all.

Not sure why some continue to sink the slipper into Z Switkowski. After-all, he did what he was hired to do.

Eventually.