The mega gnashing of teeth, save the players etc

You actually think Z Switkowski came to Essendon with an agenda?

I’ll bet he didn’t even know what an Essendon was before they hired him.

There is so much tin-foil being used around here I’m starting to wish I had shares in Comalco.

Not sure why some continue to sink the slipper into Z Switkowski. After-all, he did what he was hired to do.

His job being knifing Essendon at the request of the AFL/David Evans?

I'm going to come from a slightly different angle.

From the media’s perspective if Hird is sacked they’ll get probably a week of we told you so’s and aren’t we fantastic and then drop off. But given it’s the story that doesn’t end, what do they look at next? Probably the Essendon board who were around in 2012. So the next headline will probably be about Little doing this or that and extending Hird’s job for a year when suspended.

I’m not so sure the board could handle the pressure coming from the media as they don’t really have any football to talk about like a coach does, not to mention it’s never a good look when your board is under pressure from a commercial partner sense.

The board is essentially snookered. If the playing group is split it’s stuffed (half offended, half happy as larry). If the fans are split it’s stuffed (renewals down, income down, football spending may have to fall cause of it). If the media come after them their stuffed (can’t handle external pressure). If they sack Hird their stuffed (budget, memberships, media on them, they extended his contract for a year).

Perhaps this review is the boards way of having a proper look at what’s happening in the club without having to resign themselves? Thus their resolve is simply following a review to push the blame elsewhere when they have to make any unpopular (or popular) decisions. So is the review more for the good of the club or more for the neck of the board?*
*The above is supposed to be quoted.

So Hird went to the board 4 / 5 weeks ago asking if he went if the board thought the club would be in a better place, thought about it, realised they didn’t have to sack him and he would resign and jumped on it and took the opportunity and not one of them thought no?

The financial agreement is also interesting. James resigned so we didn’t have to pay out his contract but i’m sure there was a $1M in hush money (call it what you’d like).

The hush money would probably include Hird having to drop his case against the club’s insurers.

Hird is in court today with the case against the insurers.

Kidding?
I’m waiting for the moral outrage.
It’s just a matter of time before they call him a greedy money hungry snake and compare him to Seb Blatter.

I'm going to come from a slightly different angle.

From the media’s perspective if Hird is sacked they’ll get probably a week of we told you so’s and aren’t we fantastic and then drop off. But given it’s the story that doesn’t end, what do they look at next? Probably the Essendon board who were around in 2012. So the next headline will probably be about Little doing this or that and extending Hird’s job for a year when suspended.

I’m not so sure the board could handle the pressure coming from the media as they don’t really have any football to talk about like a coach does, not to mention it’s never a good look when your board is under pressure from a commercial partner sense.

The board is essentially snookered. If the playing group is split it’s stuffed (half offended, half happy as larry). If the fans are split it’s stuffed (renewals down, income down, football spending may have to fall cause of it). If the media come after them their stuffed (can’t handle external pressure). If they sack Hird their stuffed (budget, memberships, media on them, they extended his contract for a year).

Perhaps this review is the boards way of having a proper look at what’s happening in the club without having to resign themselves? Thus their resolve is simply following a review to push the blame elsewhere when they have to make any unpopular (or popular) decisions. So is the review more for the good of the club or more for the neck of the board?*
*The above is supposed to be quoted.

So Hird went to the board 4 / 5 weeks ago asking if he went if the board thought the club would be in a better place, thought about it, realised they didn’t have to sack him and he would resign and jumped on it and took the opportunity and not one of them thought no?

The financial agreement is also interesting. James resigned so we didn’t have to pay out his contract but i’m sure there was a $1M in hush money (call it what you’d like).

The hush money would probably include Hird having to drop his case against the club’s insurers.

Hird is in court today with the case against the insurers.

So what I'm taking from this, is that the review is a good thing, needs to be clear, without emotion, ruthless and above all, align with 'insert poster here's' concept of what should happen. Because if it does not, then either ND was not the right choice, or, the board was too gutless to carry out his recommendations.
Why don't they bring in Ziggy to help Neal? After all, he did such a super job last time, didn't he???
What I would like to know though is do people think Little, Brasher, Cousins, Heffernan, Jackson, Lio, Madden, Muir and Tanner are the right people to take us forward?

Can this group of …individuals…who currently appear to be hiding behind their head coach/human shield actually do anything that is of any use to the football club in the short, medium or long term in any way shape or form?

Anything at all?

Other than stumble through every ■■■■■■■ media appointment, act like a bunch of ■■■■■■■ mimes or campaign via social media to sneak onto the board?

Enough is enough indeed.

A CLEAN SWEEP OF THE BROOM.
At least Paul Roos isn't coaching us.

It’ll bemusing to watch the lack of heat applied to every losing coach bar Hird in the papers this week. have the WADA thing hanging over the players heads. Great to see Heppell on the news tonight supporting Hirdy to the hilt.

The EFC Board closed their eyes, their ears and their hearts to the EFC players and some staff members from day one. They are incapable of taking the EFC forward as the club has lost its heart. They have become almost inseparable from the AFL, they are so close they could be twin clones. They forgot that the heart and soul of any club is the players and the members and supporters. Move forward is right, the tradition of the once mighty EFC is gone and what is left in its place, is an empty shell. The demise began with David Evans and has infiltrated the club at every level.

The Board like the AFL are there to protect the brand, nothing more and nothing less. Puppetry at its best.

Didn’t know where else to put it and considering it has save the players in the title thought i’d chuck it in here.

I hope someone at the club sends out a memo to all media journos to watch the NRL footy show from last night and the segment about depression and how it’s affected their sport.

IF that’s not enough to make those bottom feeding parasites give it a rest nothing will, and if anything were to ever happen, they’d have as much blood as anyone on there hands.

If the AFL don’t step in and stop it now also, well then they are just as culpable, the players welfare should be the biggest priority as of now.

and dno’t carry on about hird not coaching, it’s done it’s not gonna change and there’s nothing that can be done about it now, so again the players well being should be priority no1 for all concerned in the AFL industry and prey to whatever fictional character in the sky you like, that nothing along the lines of the nrl story happen to us our any club for that matter.

Oh, the fairy floss brigade go bang.
htfu princess.

Isn’t there another thread similar to this, that you made?

Seriously, we have a good core bunch of players out, are playing kids, don’t have a genuine ruck and we’re tanking.

Yep, typical mediocrity answer. We’ve been fkn average for 13 years. When is enough enough?

I fkg concur. Except for the Marty Gleeson part. I believe he’ll make it.

With 5 weeks to go how much serious change can you make in the short term?

I don’t agree with all your points but can understand the frustration you feel right now given what just happened.

Find comfort in family and friends tonight bomber peeps. We need it.

You should probably change your avatar

enough having a drunken sook after every second loss. It’s the same ■■■■■■ season it was two weeks ago.

I know a lot of others have different views but firstly, Hooker goes back… I know he has shown great signs up forward but he can’t kick nor is he a natural forward. For me, Carlisle back or, alternatively, goes away from Essendon. Haven’t decided on Hurley yet as he has been a menace down back all year, i suppose he does stay there. Other obvious areas that need improving… SPEED, small forward, ruckmen. I won’t delve into them because i cbf. I agree, we NEED change, how we do it, i’m not sure.

Oh, the fairy floss brigade go bang. htfu princess.
Constructive as always.

Let Hird and Co see out the rest of the season then ditch them. Need to new coaching panel and list management. Anyone who picks melksham over a kid is seriously deluded.

Sleep it off WOB.

I have necked a bottle of vodka but whatg i said is truth. Our list is fkg ■■■■. Hird was a champion player and i will always respect him for the way he has conducted himself. But geez he is a ordinary coach