The mega gnashing of teeth, save the players etc

Oh, the fairy floss brigade go bang. htfu princess.

Is it the tone or what he said? Because there’s not really much wrong with what he said (even if we have heard it all before…).

Ive seen some have players in my time on this list, but even knights didn’t keep this many of them.

Hird needs to do us a favor i think. There’s zero improvement or real structure. The selection is baffling. The matchups are really baffling and stubborn. Hird talks the talk but theres nothing to show on the field.

That and our kids arent that great. Even the tanking dees were showing more.

You say you want change, make some genuine suggestion. Who should replace Hird? Before I watched today’s game it didn’t bother me either way, but after watching the game today believe it’s time for a new coach. Instead of just abusing others, how about some constructive conversations.

you know we are tanking right?

I don’t know what the solution is to turn things around. But I know one thing that definitely doesn’t help and that is the supporters going off on rants whenever we have a bad loss. Would Edwards in and melkshem out really have won that game for us? A 90 point difference?

Perhaps hird isn’t the one to lead us out of this quagmire. I don’t know, but people need to wake up and realise that essendon is lucky to be as good as it is given what it has been through. Most clubs would have disappeared. And now is not the time to focus on whose fault that mess was. That has been done to death. We need to move forward. But if people seriously think playing Giles earlier or Edwards more often would have changed our fortunes, they are dreaming.

The club has been descimated. It will take time and effort to turn around. It’s not going to be addressed via the odd selection or not recruiting cooney. We need to be patient.

I am as frustrated as anyone, but I just don’t see the point in the “hird has to go” agenda. Like that will miraculously turn things around. There is no quick and easy solution here.

No changes for mine

You say you want change, make some genuine suggestion. Who should replace Hird? Before I watched today's game it didn't bother me either way, but after watching the game today believe it's time for a new coach. Instead of just abusing others, how about some constructive conversations.

Bolton
Dew

I have necked a bottle of vodka but what i said is truth.

That line is so friggin awesome.

An 87 point loss is not tanking. Tanking is when you are good enough to win but lose deliberately. We are just plain ■■■■

We aren’t trying to win this year.

It is about experiment and trying to develop some of the younger players.

However players such as Melksham, Steinberg and Ambrose cannot be on our list next season if we want to move forward.

Oh, the fairy floss brigade go bang. htfu princess.

Is it the tone or what he said? Because there’s not really much wrong with what he said (even if we have heard it all before…).

Well we are sitting 14th on the ladder, so of course we need change. But yet another half ■■■■■■ whinge from a serial panic and shoot the players I don’t like man is really not very constructive. None of us like the beltings we are getting, but crying into your beer every couple of weeks is not the way to go imo. Let’s wait until the season is done, and then have a considered and intelligent discussion on the matter.

First thing to ask is…what the ■■■■■■ hell are we doing with our recruiting?

We could have had 4 blokes from Bendigo Bombers on our list, who were in the Doggies line-up today. We only had one of those 4 come across…and he still left.

For whatever reason, it’s like Grant Thomas is in charge of our list management…the lack of genuine rucks is a huge problem.

Our match-ups today should have worked in our favour, but, we decided that rotating Carlisle and Hooker was the way to go. Err what?

To get what, maybe 1 or 2 picks higher? Losing breeds a losing mentality, what has tanking done for Melbourne or Carlton? Players develop better on winning sides and from a fan POV call them fair weathered or what you will but supporters/members wont rock up week after week to watch that crap we served up

They do need to get through their heads that speed is just as important for structure as having the right tall matchups.

We went in slower than last week, against a quicker team.

Dogs just all run and swarm the ball and hack it forward. It’s a simple and ugly game plan and I tend to think they’ll be worked out by good sides but it works against slow sides and sides who aren’t clean with their possessions.

And we picked a side to walk right into it. That was dumb.

Funny thing is the players to come back in… Hocking, watson, myers…etc wont help our cause. I would just play out the year and get rid of hird and the boys club coaching staff.

An 87 point loss is not tanking. Tanking is when you are good enough to win but lose deliberately. We are just plain ■■■■
if we lose too many close one the AFL will accuse us of tanking at least now they know we are not faking it.

they were good last week
not so this week

has Beverage won every game by 87 points since taking over - of course he hasn’t

Hirdy is the coach and is contracted for 2016 - so get used to it.

You say you want change, make some genuine suggestion. Who should replace Hird? Before I watched today’s game it didn’t bother me either way, but after watching the game today believe it’s time for a new coach. Instead of just abusing others, how about some constructive conversations.

Bolton
Dew

As in Jude Bolton? Having a look at other coaches at the moment the more successful coaches in the league, they seem to be hard working honest footballers, who got the most out of themselves and it seems to me have very good tactical knowledge.

We have been ■■■■ for so so long its depressing. Teams have been ■■■■ for shorter stints and bounce back in no time. We craved change when sheedy was expired we get stuck with knights. We wanted change so we get hird… and what is worse than being an average side with hird? Being a ■■■■ side and having wada over our heads at the same time. Its farking tough man. 60k members my ■■■. How many are pets or babies or efc family members?

We have been ■■■■ for so so long its depressing. Teams have been ■■■■ for shorter stints and bounce back in no time. We craved change when sheedy was expired we get stuck with knights. We wanted change so we get hird.. and what is worse than being an average side with hird? Being a ■■■■ side and having wada over our heads at the same time. Its farking tough man. 60k members my ■■■. How many are pets or babies?
If you really think the club are telling lies about that you might as well just ■■■■ off now.

There are way too many things against us, WADA, Hird missing a season, players injured, Bulldogs an in-form team, in-experienced kids playing, a few players not up to it but being given a chance to show their mantle, and so forth.

I do think there is an issue with the coaching but it’s not Hird, he just needs better assistants or someone to come in with a background on proper structures as Hird seems to have lost touch slightly from his year out. Not that he won’t get it back but he needs time to adjust.

And of course we need to clear some deadwood, but we can’t go crazy because of the draft sanctions we had.