The “meh” changes and team vs the Cats - 2020 round 16

Let’s just hope Conor comes back next year — he’d be ideal for that.

1 Like

Do you think worsfold going to play Gleeson on Tom Hawkins.So far worsfold has played Gleeson on Ryan, then he played Redman on Charlie Cameron. You would never know what’s in a mind of person who doesn’t care anymore .and can’t wait for the seasons to be over so he can get his job at Fremantle Dockers

1 Like

I wonder if they’ll put Redman on Rohan? Hopefully not Gleeson on Rohan.

Want Towner to spear tackle that bloke into the turf

1 Like

Nino, you made me watch Woosha’s team selection to see the Redman bit.
I might be crazy but I tend to think he might be telling the truth and we might see Redman on the wing a bit. Hopefully we do

3 Likes

If Gleeson played on rohan at the end of the game his tongue would be hanging out

thread title could not be more appropriate

I’ll watch, but legitimately will just be more worried about how individual players go rather than the win. don’t get me wrong, I always hope we win. but im more interested in how our ball movement is and players like guelfi, clarke and redman go

8 Likes

Why don’t you ask rutten ? I’m pretty sure he would have the final say.

Agree with WOB. Also good to hear Woosha say that Clarke may get a bit a bit more midfield time as well as a look at Redman on the wing.

@Pam -Woosha is just the media spokesperson. Rutten is coaching.

The only way I can see us winning this game is by Geelong for some reason self-destructing, while every single one of our players plays his best game of all time.

I don’t think that’s likely to happen.

Geelong have double our talent in pretty much every single position, and in addition they are playing at double (at least) our level of pressure and intensity.

If they really turn it on they will win by 100 points, even in this short game.

The most likely result is that they will outscore us by about 5 goals in the first quarter, extend the lead to 40 or 50 points at half time, and coast home maintaining that lead in the second half. Which will be followed by John Worsfold saying that we learnt a lot about ourselves and our plan and he’s encouraged at the way we fought back and held them in the second half.

It’s Father’s Day today and Mrs Shelton is picking up a fancy meal from a local Italian place at midday. I’ll enjoy that but I don’t think I’ll enjoy the second part of the afternoon, even through a haze of Chianti.

1 Like

Happy Father’s Day to all the Blitz dads. Special memories today also for those of us whose dads are no longer with us. :beers:
Hope the Bombers can bring some joy to everyone .

9 Likes

39 posts were split to a new topic: Game Day Thread vs Cats - 2020 round 16