The “meh” changes and team vs the Cats - 2020 round 16

I don’t think we have to worry about towner…there are plenty of others in our forwardline who are doing stuff all

1 Like

At the start of every season I’m a bit positive about, perhaps we have a list of players who might sort of go okish over the upcoming 7 months or so. Every farken year we get near the end, and after injuries and revealed performances have taken their toll, I wonder what the ■■■■ was I thinking, this mob is stuffed.

5 Likes

what’s your definition for the phrase “zoning the fat side” of the ground ?

Whenever I try to listen to Worsfold I zone out and get a shock when he stops.

I don’t think my attention span is much worse than the players.

1 Like

Joey managed makes sense

see, we are learning

2 Likes

Probably correct. Teams use them though.

We’ve had Saad hard tagged before and he right now often has someone on him directly from our kick ins , we’ve also bemoaned fact Johannissen or Docherty for example have been able to do as they please out of defence.

We also had better attacking players unavailable this time around so as far as what might help us win the game Townsend it is (if can limit Stewart)

1 Like

Wow! The players have actually been named in the positions they will more or less play. Have we gone back in time? Or did somebody accidentally release the real team instead of the team usually given to the media?

Plays the last 2 games you think

1 Like

I’ll take that under notice and get back to you

but just to confirm you mean the preliminary and Grand finals?

2 Likes

Crauford is a) in SA and b) injured.

So that’s not too much of a surprise.

1 Like

Townsend’s in to drop that oversized sack of lard, Hawkins, on his earse.

I hope…

1 Like

Or a forward who used to be good, but is in absolutely the last year of their career.
CF Andy Welsh, Mark Baguley.

Huh?

Last week we started with Heppell on the wing, Clarke at half forward and Smithbon the back flank.

Is that a side short on mids?

2 Likes

Serious question: Is McKenna still in QLD?

He was a few days ago. No idea if he still is. I’m beginning to think possibly not.

I’m not sure Clarke is quality depth although I’m happy for him to keep getting games to see if he can develop. I just think we’ve got nothing at all outside the best 22. I’m not worried about our midfield if we’ve got most of them playing. We just need to bring in some draftees now to start building behind what we’ve got.

I know you think forwards are the priority. I don’t, unless Joe leaves (I don’t think he will)

So which adverb of frequency is it that yoo mean, often or always?

Yes- well Conor was still in Qld on Thursday

OK - ignore Clarke, I’m not exactly his biggest cheerleader.

McGrath out means Heppell into the mids - which he was probably building up to, Smith to a wing (and rotating mid) and Redman comes back in to the HBF.

It’s arguably more logical than the 22 we had last week. (Albeit missing probably our best centre square mid, but hopefully Smith can bring his absolute best, defensively).

3 Likes

I’m ok with this week’s team. I said we’re fine if one guy is out of the midfield. We’ve had Heppell out for most of the season.
If we were down 2 at once it starts to look thin.

If we get to a point where we have Smith and maybe one other who can comfortably play another role but then fill in as a full time mid/wing when needed, then we’ll probably be ok.

1 Like