this quiz

1. Still the Same - Bob Seger
Chain? 10 lb something or other....

Thanks for the hint McGoved.

12lb Toothbrush - Madder Lake.

this quiz

Alright!!

I knew someone had to get it sooner or later. Good one Miss El.

You take the cookies for No 6 too, … sorry swoods. I can certainly see why you went there though …

Thanks for the hint McGoved.

12lb Toothbrush - Madder Lake.

this quiz

Alright!!

I knew someone had to get it sooner or later. Good one Miss El.

Would never have got it without McGoved’s hint.

Not Chain no. These guys were Prog Rock, in the vein of Traffic, Blackfeather etc ,… but you’re on the right track with the song title. it was something (pound) lb something.

That sounds like it would be 10 lb toothbrush by Madder Lake. Apologies Ms Ellie, didn't see your post.
  1. The Birthday Party - Nick The Stripper
  1. Midnight Oil, but can’t recall the song title.

Yes Jack. The Oils it is.

Two Aussie songs left, that & No 14, …, from a solo Male artist.

And 2 Yank songs, No 20 by arguably their biggest modern day band, the other, No 2, from a solo Female artist, who was quite big to begin with, and then (like Morrisette, at Q1), faded a bit from view over the next decade.

All still kicking & touring… including of course The Oils, who have reformed & are touring in '17.

Just in case anyone didn’t know yet?

1. Midnight Oil - Basement Flat

Once I knew who the band was, cheers CJ.

I was going the unwritten rule of only doing three max, but if no one else knows that 20 is I’ll Stick Around by Foo Fighters then I’ll claim that one as well.

Clue time…

The writer of No 2 must have been super thirsty at the time of it’s conception.

And No 14 paints a picture of a dark past .

I’m back from my trip to Melbourne and ready to go with the quiz again…I’ve spoken with BD and he’s fine with me assuming the quiz master mantle.

Song title and artist quiz:

1. Momma loves her baby / And daddy loves you too / And the sea may look warm to you babe / And the sky may look blue

The Thin Ice / Pink Floyd / Hoffy/wimmera1

1. In the howling wind / Comes a stinging rain / See it driving nails / Into the souls on the tree of pain

Bullet the Blue Sky / U2 / wimmera1

1. I was caught / In the middle of a railroad track / I looked round / And I knew there was no turning back

Thunderstruck / AC/DC / McGoved

1. If I could make a wish I think I’d pass / Can’t think of anything I need / No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound / Nothing to eat, no books to read

The Air That I Breathe / The Hollies / McGoved

1. Here come old flat top / He come groovin’ up slowly / He got jew jew eyeballs / He want holy rollers

Come Together / The Beatles / swooper

1. how can you see into my eyes like open doors / leading you down into my core / where I’ve become so numb

Bring Me To Life / Evanescence / simmo41

1. Opens door so I walk inside / Close my eyes / Find my place to hide / And I shake as I take it in / Let the show begin

House That Jack Built / Metallica / simmo41

1. I woke the other day / And saw my world has changed / The past is over but tomorrow’s wishful thinking

Can’t Repeat / The Offspring / nobody

1. I used to walk in shadows / I stayed out of the sun / I used to sort information / and I used to pass it on

Before The Old Man Died / Paul Kelly / wimmera1

1. Dead I am the one / exterminating son / Slipping through the trees / strangling the breeze

Dragula / Rob Zombie / simmo41

1. I / I love the colorful clothes she wears / And the way the sunlight plays upon her hair

Good Vibrations / The Beach Boys / miss ellie

1. In the empty place the soul stripped bare / Of skins and heart and I come apart / In your icy hands / I forget my role, as I stare into your soul

For a Moment We’re Strangers / The Church / Bloodstained Devils

1. If you / If you could return / Don’t let it burn / Don’t let it fade

Linger / The Cranberries / swooper

1. Long as I remember / The rain been comin’ down / Clouds of mystery pourin’ / Confusion on the ground

Who’ll Stop the Rain / Creedence Clearwater Revival / miss ellie

1. When everything is going wrong / And you can’t see the point in going on / Well nothing in life is set in stone / There’s nothing that can’t be turned around

Androgyny / Garbage / Bloodstained Devils

1. Look so careful / For a fault / Wait one minute / Say no more

Change in Mood / Kids in the Kitchen / wimmera1

1. Well, we were just another band out of Boston / On the road to try to make ends meet / Playin’ all the bars, sleepin’ in our cars / And we practiced right on out in the street

Rock And Roll Band / Boston / Captain Jack

1. can I touch you, are you out of touch / I guess I never noticed that much / geranium lover, I’m live on your wire / oo come and take me whoever you are

Dangerous Type / The Cars / nobody

1. I’ve been up and down, I’ve been all around / I was mystified, almost terrified / But late at night I still hear you call my name

Sure Know Something / Kiss / Captain Jack

1. Be on my side I’ll be on your side, baby / There is no reason for you to hide / It’s so hard for me staying here all alone / When you could be taking me for a ride

Down By The River / Neil Young / swooper

1. Come Together - The Beatles
  2. Down By The River - Neil Young
  1. Goodbye Blue Sky - Pink Floyd
  2. Bullet the Blue Sky - U2
1. Goodbye Blue Sky - Pink Floyd 2. Bullet the Blue Sky - U2
How do I give half a like??? ;) 1 = Right artist but wrong song
  1. Good Vibrations - Beach Boys

2. Who’ll Stop the Rain - Credence

1. The Thin Ice / Pink Floyd
  1. For a Moment We’re Strangers / The Church / Bloodstained Devils

See what I did there? I know the the pain. :wink:

If everyone answered in that format, it would make life a lot easier and less a PITA for the quizzer blitzers, … … just sayin’ .

1. Androgyny / Garbage / Bloodstained Devils
  1. The air that I breathe - The Hollies