The Music Quiz

I’ve been thinking about bringing it back for ages.
Started a couple, didn’t finish them.
You need a theme, I reckon (as this one certainly has…I think mostly?).

1 Like
  1. Loose Windscreen. Blinded by the Light
1 Like
  1. Out of Touch - Hall & Oates
  1. You Can’t Take It With You - Paul Kelly
1 Like

Yeah…I’ve been thinking about for ages too.,finally got my ■■■■ together :wink:

No theme…unless you count the fact that they were songs I was listening to on my iPod yesterday

hahaha…I see what you did there…and I’ll give it to you as he did indeed write the song…although I was thinking of Manfred Mann’s version as that was the one I heard yesterday when I was making the list

1 Like

Sorry…not the right song or artist :frowning:

Thought I picked up a bit of a war theme towards the beginning.

1. Badlands - The Boss / Springsteen.
1 Like

Just a bit of a bump for the remaining songs

Clue 1. He was the wizard of a thousand kings / And I chanced to meet him one night wandering /He told me tales, and he drank my wine /Me and my magic man kinda feelin’ fine

Clue 7. My girl Friday, she no square / She like lotus blossom in her hair / Be-bop records and something new / Sometimes borrowed, but she’s never blue

Clue 10. can i touch you are you out of touch / i guess i never noticed that much / geranium lover i’m live on your wire / come and take me who ever you are

Clue 11. Well, he sits up there on his leatherette / Looks through pictures of the ones that he hasn’t had yet / When he thinks he wants a closer look / he gets out his little black telephone book

Clue 12. was talking with a friend of mine / said a woman had hurt his pride / Told him that she loved him so / and turned around and let him go

Clue 14. And so she woke up / Woke up from where she was / Lying still / Said I gotta do something / About where we’re going

Clue 18. Mindless drifter on the road / (why do I) / Carry such an easy load / (why do i)

Three weeks since the last answer on swoodley’s (very difficult) quiz, so here’s one that might be a bit easier.

Title, Artist and the Answer to the (rather obvious) theme/unasked question (if it’s not in the title, of course).

1. He had a Colt forty-five and a deck of cards. Stagger Lee - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - mrjez
  2. Don’t go talking too loud, you’ll cause a landslide, Mr. Jones. - Bee Gees - NY Mining Disaster 1941 - gnik
  3. It was, I recall, in the form of a scroll. - When The Tigers Broke Free - Pink Floyd - BAAKKEERRR
  4. And the guitar man got famous. Let There Be Rock - AC/DC (“back in 1955”) - Zimmer
  5. You know, I didn’t even know her name, But I was never gonna be the same. December, 1963 (Oh, What a Night) - Hoffy
  6. I have to put your flat feet on the ground. - Wilson Picket, Mustang Sally - gnik
  7. I’ve got an average house with a nice hardwood floor. - A$$hole - Denis Leary - swooper
  8. Jimmy quit, Jody got married. - Summer of 69 - Brian Adams - Deckham
  9. I’m gonna hit some Hong Kong mattress all night long. - Khe Sanh - Cold Chisel - BAAKKEERRR
  10. We don’t even care, as restless as we are. - 1979 - Smashing Pumpkins - Bloodstained Devils
  11. We stood on the balcony, and we watched it together. - Summer of 81 - Mondo Rock - swooper
  12. In this place, this wintery home. Sexcrime (1984) - Eurythmics - BAAKKEERRR
  13. Should we talk about the weather? Should we talk about the government? REM - Pop Song 89 - mrjez
  14. Elvis was a hero to most. - Public Enemy, Fight the Power - gnik
  15. You’re alive and well, We 're alive and well - Southern Skies - Paul Norton (1985)
  16. Children burn even when the nights are cold - City of Soul - Eurogliders (1985)
  17. I was dreaming when I wrote this. - 1999 - Prince - BAAKKEERRR
  18. We are the youth, we’ll take your fascism away. silverchair - anthem for the year 2000 - xhavok
  19. Deborah do you recall? Your house was very small. Disco 2000 - Pulp - Humble Minion
  20. Now it’s been ten thousand years, Man has cried a billion tears. - In the Year 2525 - Bloodstained Devils - Zagler and Evans - Shelton10
1 Like

2 Don’t go talking too loud, you’ll cause a landslide, Mr. Jones. Bee Gees, NY Mining Disaster 1941
6 I have to put your flat feet on the ground. Wilson Picket, Mustang Sally
14 Elvis was a hero to most. Public Enemy, Fight the Power

Well, you’ve got one of the mystery questions in those three.

Summer of 69 - Brian Adams.

1. A$$hole - Denis Leary
    11 Summer of 81 - Mondo Rock

10.1979 Smashing Pumpkins

1. In the Year 2525 - no idea
  1. When The Tigers Broke Free - Pink Floyd
  2. Khe Sanh - Chisels
  3. 1999 - Prince

That’ll do for now…
THEME: All of them reference a year in the lyrics and/or title?

1 Like

I’m sure you meant 9.

Yeh, damn autocorrect changed all my numbering… :frowning:

1. Oh what a Night - The Four Seasons
1 Like