The Music Quiz

Last two updated.
Time for a new quizmaster.

1 Like

Sorry for leaving you all hanging out to dry with my last quiz…it seemed to stall and then I headed over to Melbourne and forgot all about it.

Final answers were (and I really don’t think it was that difficult Wim :stuck_out_tongue: )

Clue 1. He was the wizard of a thousand kings / And I chanced to meet him one night wandering /He told me tales, and he drank my wine /Me and my magic man kinda feelin’ fine
The Wizard / Uriah Heep
Clue 7. My girl Friday, she no square / She like lotus blossom in her hair / Be-bop records and something new / Sometimes borrowed, but she’s never blue
Tokyo Joe / Bryan Ferry
Clue 10. can i touch you are you out of touch / i guess i never noticed that much / geranium lover i’m live on your wire / come and take me who ever you are
The Dangerous Type / The Cars
Clue 11. Well, he sits up there on his leatherette / Looks through pictures of the ones that he hasn’t had yet / When he thinks he wants a closer look / he gets out his little black telephone book
King Of Hollywood / The Eagles
Clue 12. was talking with a friend of mine / said a woman had hurt his pride / Told him that she loved him so / and turned around and let him go
Don’t Do Me Like That / Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
Clue 14. And so she woke up / Woke up from where she was / Lying still / Said I gotta do something / About where we’re going
Running To Stand Still / U2
Clue 18. Mindless drifter on the road / (why do I) / Carry such an easy load / (why do i)
■■■■■■’ Up / Neil Young & Crazy Horse

1 Like

So I’ll have another go…it’s a rather eclectic mix…no theme that I’m consciously aware of:

1. Ice / Your only rivers run cold / These city lights / They shine as silver and gold

The Unforgettable Fire / U2 / BAAKKEERRRR

1. Gimme your body / Gimme your mind / Open your heart / Pull down the blind

Art for Art’s Sake / 10cc / miss ellie

1. It’s not in the way that you hold me / It’s not in the way you say you care / It’s not in the way you’ve been treating my friends / It’s not in the way that you stayed till the end

Hold The Line / Toto / Hoffy

1. Jeremiah was a bullfrog / Was a good friend of mine

Joy to the World / Three Dog Night / miss ellie

1. Watch out you might get what you’re after / Boom babies strange but not a stranger / I’m an ordinary guy

Burning Down The House / Talking Heads / Bloodstained Devils

1. It’s just heartbreaking / I should have known that it would let me down / It’s just a mind aching / I used to dream about this town

Gone Hollywood / Supertramp / Bloodstained Devils

1. Waiting on a Sunday afternoon / For what I read between the lines / Your lies

Interstate Love Song / Stone Temple Pilots / McGoved

1. Well I’ve been lookin’ real hard and I’m tryin’ to find a job / But it just keeps gettin’ tougher every day

Rock 'N Me / Steve Miller Band / swooper

1. Stonemasons / Are becoming things of the past / And the modern age / Is finally taking us over at last

Don’t Tear It Down / Spy V Spy / swooper

1. In my eyes, indisposed / In disguises no one knows / Hides the face, lies the snake / The sun in my disgrace

Black Hole Sun / Soundgarden / Zimmer

1. I am just a poor boy / Though my story’s seldom told / I have squandered my resistance / For a pocket full of mumbles, such are promises

The Boxer / Simon & Garfunkel / Hoffy

1. I am a man / Cut from the know / Rarely do friends / Come and then go

Breaking the Girl / Red Hot Chili Peppers / Captain Jack/wimmera1

1. The world is collapsing / Around our ears / I turned up the radio / But I can’t hear it

Radio Song / REM / Bloodstained Devils

1. Steve walks warily down the street / With the brim pulled way down low / Ain’t no sound but the sound of his feet / Machine guns ready to go

Another One Bites The Dust / Queen / BAAKKEERRRR

1. You’re here with me now but you’re saying / You don’t want me any more / You’re holding me now but you’re saying / You can’t see me no no more

Baby Its You / Promises / Koala

1. So, so you think you can tell / Heaven from hell / Blue skies from pain

Wish You Were Here / Pink Floyd / Hoffy

1. Sometimes you’re better off dead / There’s a gun in your hand it’s pointing at your head / You think you’re mad too unstable / Kicking in chairs and knocking down tables

West End Girls / Pet Shop Boys / wimmera1

1. The waiting drove me mad / You’re finally here and I’m a mess / I take your entrance back / Can’t let you roam inside my head

Corduroy / Pearl Jam / wimmera1

1. Like the latest fashion / Like a spreading disease / The kids are strappin’ on their way to the classroom /
    Getting weapons with the greatest of ease

Come Out And Play / The Offspring / mrjez

1. Go son, go down to the water / And see the women weeping there / Then go up into the mountains /
    The men, they are weeping too

The Weeping Song / Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds / mrjez

3 Love isn’t always on time - Toto
11 The boxer - Simon and Garfunkel
16 Wish you were here - Pink Floyd

Edit: trying to fix numbers.

1 Like
  1. West End Girls - Pet Shop Boys
  2. Courdoroy (or however you spell it) - Pearl Jam
1 Like

First one…you’re on track…right band but that isn’t the title of the song

The next two are correct but your numbers came out wrong

1. Rockn Me - Steve Miller Band
  2. Don’t Tear It Down - Spy v Spy
2 Likes
  1. Hold the line (?)
1 Like

yep :slight_smile:

1 Like
  1. The Offspring - Come Out And Play
1 Like
  1. Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds - The Weeping Song
1 Like
  1. Art for Art’s Sake - 10cc

2. Joy to the World - Three Dog Night

3. Taking Care of Business - Bachman - Turner Overdrive

1 Like

Not sure which song you’re referring to (as your numbers got mixed up)…but whichever one it was…it was wrong :frowning:

Keeps auto changing. Songs are 2, 4 , and 8

@swooper already got 8 :slight_smile:

1 Like
  1. Unforgettable Fire - U2
1 Like
  1. Another One Bites The Dust - Queen
1 Like

1 U2 - The Unforgettable Fire
14 Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
15 Promises - Baby Its You

1 Like

Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun*.