The named team vs the winless Crows - 2020 round 8

Because he’s not 140cm tall like most of Essendon’s forwards

13 Likes

I don’t get how you think our forwardline is a copy of Richmond’s forwardline. We don’t have any forwards. The concept that we do is bewildering. Stewart isn’t a FF or even a CHF of any note. Who the hell else are we meant to play?

“being tall” isn’t a valid reason for selecting a guy who hasn’t played in 2 years and was dropped before that for doing jack all.

3 Likes

Tigers during 2017 even though they did have some taller but limited players simply preferred to not play them if felt weren’t going to have much impact in marking contests/in general

They just made do with JR, mediums and have more ground level pressure

This appears to be how they looking at it.

Either do not rate Stewart (or don’t think he’s had enough behind him yet to be ready to go)

Can only hope our intensity and pressure is back to Pies game worthy and be forcing turnovers

I reckon at this point it just about is tbh lol

6 Likes

Are they deliberately picking a side to lose?
No BZT when too short last week and all we have done is replaced Francis with Hooker. Is that the worst AFL forward line ever?

Ok I’ll put my faith in Zaharakis, Cahill and Snelling holding down CHF this week

3 Likes

If he was picked and ended up with 3 disposals and allowed the Crows easy run off and goals, how do you think the clowns in here would react? Stewart is not the answer to our forwardline.

2 Likes

They certainly won’t be any worse than Stewart would have been.

PS if you honestly think that is how it lines up then you are being pretty daft.

1 Like

Dropped for doing jack all, then given a two year contract, then didn’t play for two years.

We dont actually. Can always rotate various players in defense. Pies do that. Half backs are almost mids these days.

But he will be the saviour of our forwardline. Seriously Blitz at it’s typical worst.

But do you know how many All Australians they have?

1 Like

Could well be curtains for our season on Sunday. Lost at the selection table yet again.

1 Like

The only complaint I have is Zerk not in.

I have a thought … and the thought is … when we replace coaches , we get the talks the talk kinda guy … knows what to say when to say … but what that related to on the ground is a debacle … the sections alone are farking vagazling.

St Kilda , Gold Coast get a won’t take no sh*t coach , and goes farking bezerk at their players and they get farking results … what’s with ya ? Why are we such an up class bunch of weak as ■■■■ type of a club ?

1 Like

If we win you are going to look really stupid.

we recruit Cutler for outside run, and play a vfl guy from the rookie draft (who’s meant to be a immediate impact on the inside) and he plays on the outside. terribly

gee wiz

7 Likes

Yep.

They just ‘made do’ with a Coleman Medalist as their one key forward. Oh, and a brownlow medalist popping down there. Plus one of their mediums was Caddy.

The only similarity between the Richmond 2017 forward line, and our current one, is that Townsend is in it.

This is close to, if not the worst forward line I can ever remember us fielding, and we are doing absolutely nothing to rectify it. It’s almost like they think it’s working.

8 Likes

I reckon the current Essendon side is just a little better than any side fielded in 2016.

Better hope for monsoon rain to keep the scores close.