The named team vs the winless Crows - 2020 round 8

No, why we are continuing with only Smack as a genuine key tall, is a pretty damn valid question.

1 Like

You bring in BZT and Francis, you get Francis moving forward.

1 Like

Iā€™m wondering why we kept Stewart on the list. Honestly if weā€™re going to put him in the squad but not actually pick him this week then we may as well get rid of him because there is no stronger case for playing Stewart than this week.

3 Likes

Btw I reckon weā€™re gonna win.

yeah but, we donā€™t really know that, do we? itā€™s been a longggg time since Stewart has been fit. he deserves a shot

and im no Stewart fan. but not playing a second tall and at least trying it (even if was a second ruckman) has got to be one of the most unusual selections weā€™ve ever made

you know what they say, doing the same thing over and over again expecting different resultsā€¦

2 Likes

I donā€™t know how you think Francis is a better option up forward than Stewart, but stillā€¦ Iā€™d do that over what we have now.

1 Like

Francis was terrible when they made him play forward. If heā€™s not playing in defence he shouldnā€™t be in the team.

3 Likes

So if heā€™s not playing a scratch match this week heā€™s unlikely to play in the 1st next week, which is annoying

So a slight calf strain for Fantasia at training today.

luckily for us, the team is chocked full of good ruckman and tall forwards.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s all this knocking of Stewart ?

Iā€™ll have you know he was born on the very same day as Joseph Daniher.

AND heā€™s more use to us than Jody, too ! Heā€™s fit, after all.

Hang on.
All well and good having them on the list, but thereā€™s only 4 of them in this weekā€™s team.

Give us a full season out of Hepp, Stringer, Daniher, Parish, Franga, Hurley, McGrath (and Shiel) and Iā€™ll give you a top 4 team.

1 Like

Replace Hooker.
Give us a genuine second tall forward.

Do whatever the hell else you want.

3 Likes

Wait, serious questionā€¦

Are we tanking?

1 Like

The points of contention with selection are:

• No 2nd KPF selected (already gone through that)
  • Gleeson ahead of BZT. Reckon weā€™ve gone one too many flanking defender as opposed to a KP size.
  • Hibberd being picked ahead of Guelfi/Clarke. Would rather either one of those boys in. Hibberd looks nothing more than a VFL player, I really donā€™t see what he offers us at the minute. Guelfi has at least played good AFL footy previously, is hard at it and can play midfield and also as a pressure forward with his tackling. I canā€™t understand why theyā€™ve been playing him in defence in the JLT games and also in the game heā€™s played this season.
  • Bellchambers over Phillips. Belly is COOKED!! Phillips is no world beater but at least he tries. Hopefully being out of the team sparks him into action because we canā€™t afford to have our #1 ruck look like Weekend at Bernieā€™s.

I get we are in a bit of a tough spot with injuries to our best 3 forwards, skipper, best or 2nd best key back and a guy who could come in and play that sort of role too (Ambrose), and throw in our best midfielder being rubbed out, but thatā€™s a pretty ordinary 22 selected with some glaring issues that could be addressed by guys who are available for selection.

13 Likes

You make very good points.

1 Like

Those changes a fkn bezerk. How in the world do we not bring in another key forward!? Raz injured AGAIN! ffs. Hibberd keeping his spot ahead of Cutler, Guelfi, Clarke, etcā€¦

Honestly, is there a worse forward line in the AFL right now? The only class player we have forward of the ball is Walla. And without two of our best mids available, I just donā€™t know how weā€™re going to kick a winning scoreā€¦even against the bottom-placed side who are yet to win a game.

We are so ripe for the picking with this selections, itā€™s beyond a joke. Obviously Iā€™m gonna get around all of the boys named but fark, this is a genuine 50/50 game now.

1 Like

selection headaches.

iā€™m struggling to stay positive here.

tell me who our match winner forward isā€¦
no Daniher/Stringer/Fantasia

would need Tippa to kick 7. but no doubt they will clamp down hard on him and heā€™s wont get a free.

even if belly slams it down McGraths throat in the centre and he bombs it forward to Townsend or Mckernan itā€™s likely coming back.

In Gleeson, Belly and Francis pretty uninspiring.

Iā€™d set the cat amongst the Pigeons and play McKenna forward. we need some x factors down there.

hopefully stewart in is a late change.

and Laverde can kick straight.

2 Likes

Felt bad betting against my own team. But couldnā€™t handle the pain of Monday if we get knocked off by the bottom team (again). $100 on crows at $2.65. That was last night. Hope the boys put in a blinder and prove me wrong, but jeez the writing is on the wall.

Seriously, Crows at $2.70 in Adelaide are the best odds youā€™ll see this year, given our outs & team selection.