The named team vs the winless Crows - 2020 round 8

Our selections kind of remind me of Sheedy’s extra senile final seasons. A bunch of old ■■■■■ and other team’s rejects.

1 Like

No because surely then we would be including/ rotating players that need match sim not worrying about the result, but hang on this is Essendon, unless they know bringing in these players could cultivate a winning team, look I have no idea anymore it’s all beyond bizarre

I am saying we have two lines on field that are poor. Midfield and forward setup. Forward setup IMO the worst named in the AFL this week. You bring in a ruck and two defenders. Forget who went out. We needed to balance up this side considerably over the ground through selection.

8 Likes

Load up on the Crows now folks…
Ours is a seriously unbalanced and weak team.
$2.70 is incredible overs… easiest money you’ll ever make.

Worst thing is anyone else it would be over $3.00

If Keays tags Merrett out of the game we will need huge games from parish and McGrath

We’re done

5 Likes

And then some, mate. We’re gonna need Ham, Snelling, Townsend, Hibberd & co all to play far above their usual output if we’re any chance.

1 Like

Have I missed the memo, are we trying to tank?

1 Like

Do the selectors think Mitch Hibberd is actually Michael, and are picking him by name only?

I mean, they obviously haven’t watched a second of footage from his games this year.

4 Likes

Just give us a forward in Stewart or someone … give us a target… smack is having a weirder than usual year and doing f all really …

I like Stewart , give him a chance … hopefully next week… we are picked off on our forward line so easily due to lack of marking targets or anything really… at least make the opposition work a little bit … it’s too easy atm

tenor (45)

5 Likes

Meh. The teams the team. Up to them to show whether the selections were good. Until they do otherwise I’ll go in expecting a win.

2 Likes

Is Stewart ■■■■■■■■ a team mates missus why is not selected

1 Like

For most of last year and the first few games this year only Daniher was not available. They did not look like a top four side to me.
Our early draft picks would be comparable with most sides except for GWS and Gold Coast who were given generous concessions. All teams have injuries at some times during a season.
The drafting of the right players and the way that the later draft picks are developed that makes the difference.

Just confirming that after the embarrassment of last week, the selectors send a message by making ONE unforced change… T-Bell in for Phillips.

FMD.

8 Likes

Fantasia injured, McKernan leading the forward line, Bellchambers no 1 ruck…

Is this 2018?

Best thing this club can do is lose on Sunday and not fall over the line against this year’s wooden spooners relying on goals from McKernan, Townsend, Zaharakis etc.

If not what do we get? 1 step closer to finishing 7th or 8th and being completely exposed for the false economy we are.

Sorry if I’m being harsh but I just want to watch us play and see some structure, some semblance, some glimpse, some attempt at a brighter future.

6 Likes

When has Worsfold ever made a statement with selection

2 Likes

Francis Ambrose Gleeson

Redman Goddard McKenna

Langford Parish Zaharakis

McD-T Brown Laverde

Fantasia Daniher McKernan

Foll: Leuenberger Merrett Z Cooney

Bench: Kelly Dea Hartley Baguley

Emerg: Merrett J Dempsey Gwilt Hams

Is that team much worse? Daniher, Goddard, Cooney and Saad aside, is it even much different?

That team did not go 0-7 so go Dons Sunday!

2 Likes

I put the blame on all of them. It’s bonkers.