The next 2 years

I miss Lovett so much!

Someone like this guy
http://youtu.be/bjMyb6mR0zU

Yep, he'd do. Over the last decade we've never quite been able to put it all together all at once have we.

I feel we will step up next year. Some serious lessons learnt this season which will hopefully see their smarts and determination come on in leaps and bounds.

There are a swag of players that are gonna be, or at least should be, improved or even better: Daniher, Carlisle, Zerrett, Jerrett, Ambrose, Heppell, Myers, Gleeson, Fantasia, Hooker, Baguley, Hibberd, Hurley, Ashby, Steinberg, Colyer, Aylett…

More upside than players on the slide.

Someone like this guy

He's only 32. Maybe?

Compared to Top 2, 3, 4 Clubs this year ................ we are 1000 light years away. 

Compared to Top 2, 3, 4 Clubs this year ................ we are 1000 light years away.

We were in winnable positions against geelong and hawthorn with 2 minutes to go. Pretty sure our best is pretty good

Someone like this guy

He's only 32. Maybe?

stone.

We were in winnable positions against geelong and hawthorn with 2 minutes to go. Pretty sure our best is pretty good

We didnt win.

But we did lose to St.Kllda easily & Melbourne after leading comfortably.

Nowhere near it.

Before we talk about our flag winning credentials we need to win a ■■■■■■ finals game. If this was any other year I would say we're close to a flag but honestly with GC and GWS taking every farking good player in the draft we're no where close. It's a sad fact, but it's going to be a while before we win again.

In the regular season. True. (although as you can see from last weeks Rich vs Swans game - reg season mean SFA). 

However particularly in the Hawks game, that was on the back of about 15 minutes worth of absolutely blistering football. 

No team has ever produced that level of play for 4 qtrs week in week out and we certainly wont be the first to do so. 

The good teams (top 4 teams) have the odd lapse here or there. 

We have the odd 4 qtr performance here or there (though I am struggling to think of one from this year) 

We are one of those 'on our day' sort of teams ie; we can beat the best 'on our day'. 

That won't win us a flag or even get us to genuine contention. 

Until we can replicate the pressure that the Hawks, Swans and Freo put on we will not get close, and this current list has too many players that are unable to do that. 

Someone like this guyhttp://youtu.be/bjMyb6mR0zU

He's only 32. Maybe?

Not him, just someone like him, preferably better behaved? Lol

I want to be positive but last night still stings. It exposed our massive gaps in the list and then watching Port today just highlights the massive chasm between 5th and 6th, and we aren’t even 6th.

Our draw should be ok next year finishing seventh,norths will be ■■■■ finishing sixth,I think that’s how it works,if so north won’t play finals next year

Did anyone see Wanganeen on open mike he said something very poignant.

“You need a bit of flair to win finals, it’s what breaks those games apart”

That’s why we can’t afford to lose Ryder, he is the only flair we have.

GCS still have another 3 years to peak IMO.

GWS, an extra year. 

I expect one or two of the newcomers to be reasonable players (Daniher, Z Merrett) but the side to be pretty ordinary.

We need to win a final next year. I think we need another creative small forward, and for JD and/or Carlisle to kick more than 40 goals a season. The last time we had a forward kick more than 40 goals, was Lloyd back in 2008. Pretty happy that we've played a fair few kids over the last 2 seasons who have shown glimpses - Steinberg, Fantasia, Zerrett, Jerrett, Kavanagh, Dalgleish, NOB, JD, Ashby. We just need a few of them to step up over the next few seasons. Watching Port today, it's hard to believe how far they've come since 2012. A lot of run and avenues to goal is something we are lacking consistently.

We have one genuinely quick guy, Colyer, on our entire list.
Actually, that's not fair, Dalgliesh.

Freudian slip ??? as in you know Dempsey is definately gone, or you just forget about him. considering he is a certain type of player you love, i'm going with option a

This year I wanted to win a final. Missed by 2 goals.

We did that without a forward line of any note. Some pretty obvious injury concerns. And a bunch of first year players.

I think we have reason for optimism in 2015.

Funnily enough though I see nothing but heartache 2016 onwards.

Did anyone see Wanganeen on open mike he said something very poignant.
"You need a bit of flair to win finals, it's what breaks those games apart"
That's why we can't afford to lose Ryder, he is the only flair we have.

Spot on, but the Ryder situation is totally out of our control. It's not about money, it's mainly homesickness from the missus or whatever else, out hands are tied. An extra 3 years on the contract or extra $$$ won't make the homesickness or whatever other issues go away, just look at Mitch Clarke.