The Novak saga

So let’s say he didn’t (apparently) get sick on 16/12.

Does anyone believe he intended to get jab 1 that very day, and then jab 2 three weeks later, the morning of his flight to here?

Pls. His story stinks.

EDIT: he arrived a day earlier than I thought when writing the above.

2 Likes

If the test result is bogus, then he deserves to be deported.
That’s all that matters though.
Whether he intended to be vaccinated or purposefully got infected so he didn’t need to be vaxxed doesn’t matter.
Just like him choosing not to quarantine after infection doesn’t matter either.
The medical exemption hinges on the validity of the test result. Not his intentions.

3 Likes

I don’t see what the big deal vaccinated versus unvaccinated is. I mean yes, important for everyone coming in to theoretically reduce spread and strain on hospital system.

But should be able to make exemptions for sports professionals who are coming for a tournament, and leaving, yes i would have let that carlton bloke that retired play as well, being vaccinated doesn’t stop you catching it only reduces your own sympton.

it’s not as if Australia is covid free, he’s more likely to catch it here now anyway.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Australian open gets moved somewhere else in Asia in the future, or players will abandon the tournament and extend end of season holidays.

Peter Sagan, Novak Djokovic, big names and would like them to keep
coming to Australia.

4 Likes

Really hoping this is sarcasm

1 Like

The vax to sportspersons had to be enforced as well.
You can’t force it on workstaff and exclude others because of ‘the economy’.
So locals sportspersons, I agree should be vaxxed.

International events aren’t so critical. But the rule for one is the rule for all is simply not true but something common people want to hear and see occur.

1 Like

Correction: he arrived on 5/1, so if he was getting jabbed with a three weeks gap he would have had to come here later than he did. When did he book his flight?

It all reads like a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Con Job.

1 Like

40K+ new cases every day in Vic and keeping Novak out why???

What is the point of trying to play a bully and keeping him out when the country is riddled with COVID anyway?

I’m not a tennis fan nor a Novak fan… but this makes Australia an international joke (again) and why? Because Scomo needed something to distract the masses from yet another botched response Re:RAT. SO now we have to worry about whether Novak lied, got a wrong exemption or whatever… does it even bloody matter at this point!!!

Do you really think Australia is going to be a ‘safer’ place if he is sent home?! Absolute joke.

And you want to make a point of getting vaxxed… I’m triple vaxxed and had no issues… but the vax does very little against the spread and anyone who got AZ is basically un-vaxxed anyway. So maybe we need to all climb down from the ledge and get real here.

Stop turning Australia into a joke.

4 Likes

The idea that he ever planned to get a vax , after two years of deriding everything about Covid, is utterly fanciful.

2 Likes

Err, no.

And yet, if he was recently vaxxed, it would indeed provide coverage against the spread.

2 Likes

Umm… say what?

But he is fit and healthy and has had covid before, so would likely be fine anyway, and if he wasnt well then he would pull out of tournament.

Umm… pretty sure every virologist worldwide just choked on their breakfast. Sure, less protection with the new variant, but that’s what boosters are for.

1 Like

Seriously, Australia is farked. Who cares anymore, the people that want to get vaccinated are vaccinated and those that don’t want to be vaccinated are not vaccinated. Introduce a law that says that if you are not vaccinated then you are the lowest priority in Hospital and let life get back to normal. We should now be treating COVID like a flu/cold. If you are unwell…stay home, if not, get back to work!

If Australia keep this crap up, they will end up losing major events like AO and the Grand Prix.

3 Likes

Fkn Nanny Country!!!

What about spreading it to other people?

1 Like

Anyone worried will be watching the tennis from home, surely everyone in Australia knows his covid status…

In another month or two I don’t think the Australian government will care nearly as much. Probably hard for politicians to do a 180 turn quickly without looking like idiots.

Two things most of us could probably agree on

1. SCOMO has made a dogs breakfast of a number of things (but most Governments have in other ways).

2. Novak is a prime tool, irrespective of his vaccination status

5 Likes

So, if you bought tickets to the AO, you shouldn’t use them because Novak might be there?
How about if he stays home and I go instead?
(I don’t have tickets BTW.)

Nope.
Not how it works.

5 Likes