The Novak saga

9News also interviewed the head of Aus Open about it.
It was a terrible EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW!!!
Lots of gotcha questions.
One was…
The Australian Government claims you stuffed up and is laying the blame on you? How do you react to that?

The Australian Government has made no such claim…

Is that what he handed over?
A note? Or a test result?
We don’t know.
We’ll find out those details in the next few days.

1 Like

Sounds very Ruby Princess to me. State government has no control over national borders.

Again. Thanks bacchus.

Life is strange: I didn’t think I would agree with a current Serbian politician.

Yet their President (or PM or whatever) has been reported as saying he was angry about this case, but “not angry with the Australian people”. Just with Australia’s incompetent government.

At least he has found out what all of us have to put up with.

3 Likes

If it’s a doctor note saying he got covid but no positive test result?

For foreigners to enter Australia must apply for and lodge

• visa requesf
  • Travel Declaration 72 hours before departure
  • request for exemption if unvaxed, to be lodged two weeks before departure

Think he was missing the last one, did not apply for one, tried to use the Victorian exemption documents ( applicable only within Victoria post entry over the national border.)

There were two others who came in unvaxed, a player and an official - probably confusion about the papers presented, mistaking the Vic document for the Federal

1 Like

Complex hey? Does it use words over 4 syllables Tommy?

3 Likes

Obviously a clustershuck all round, but every bit of news that comes out seems to put the Feds further in a bad light. Federalism and bureaucracy at its worst. Hope this backfires on Scomo.

He will turn at the tennis and say ‘we are banging down aces with Covid’.

3 Likes

Take it easy on him. He had to consult with Sam Lame QC.

4 Likes

A legal case comes down to whether a decision was in accordance with the law? You don’t say!!!

1 Like

Could expose the institutional mess of the mega Dept merging Customs and Immigration and AFP into Home Affairs,
As I understand it Borderforce has the status of an independent statutory body, although operationally it integrates with Home Affairs…Can imagine the demarcation disputes
To compound the problem the current border rules requiring anyone unvaxed to have an exemption for entering or leaving the country rests with the Minister for Health - his Orders under the emergency provisions of the Biosecurity Act.
Then hiho , the Constitution comes into it if the judge gets to rule that the Vic exemption can substitute.for the Federal one.

2 Likes

Betoot spot on

4 Likes

So Scomo got as lucky with his timing of this as Novak did with catching the rona I see. Win win.

2 Likes

yep and I’d take it that the money and effort isn’t worth her time to play a bit of doubles.

Vs the number 1 mens player who stands to lose a 7 figure sum by not competing? You hire some lawyers.

Scomo has managed to ■■■■ off
China , France and now Serbia.
Great for international relations.

Maybe with the GG struck down by Omicron and the incompetence is impacting him personally he would be on board with calling an election so we can clear the decks of the spuds in Canberra.

Edit sorry! Novak thread not politics(but it is politics….it sure isn’t tennis!)

3 Likes

I’m thinking this is all a big Ruse.

Isn’t border security a channel 7 show?

What’s the bet theres plug for the next season during the tennis!

:joy:. What a charade.

Tiley has now provided journos with more exchanges of letters with the Feds, to correct what he considered to be selective release by the Fed.
From what the media are reporting, it could be that he was given advice by the Feds that they didn’t hold the hose on exemptions and that it was up to the States .
It is correct that the States hold the hose on any quarantine or other conditions ( including restrictions on the unvaxed) but their application is post entry at the national border.
Tiley’s exchanges also seem to suggest that at that time, the Feds had no exemption system in place for arrivals ( maybe one for departures)
The Health Dept is also responsible for sport and one of the ones giving advice was Andrew Godkin, who had some involvement in our Saga and who used to attend WADA meetings.
Maybe Borderforce people manning the counters at Tulla had also previously been misinformed by Head office and their instruction manuals were incorrect.
No doubt the judge will sort out the truth.

1 Like

But he forgot about the au pairs….

2 Likes