The offical NATRAT who should be the Sub thread

So to be clear, can this sub come on for the 20 minutes while the player is having their assessment done and then be subbed off if the concussion assessment comes up ok?

Or only after the 20 minute assessment has occurred and ruled that the player has failed it?

Also, I already have enough anxiety in my life with 3 kids and Covid. I do not need the further anxiety of worrying that the dream team player I am relying on in the Sunday twilight game may end up being named as the sub an hour before the bounce!

1 Like

This is all because Gil and the league has a hard on for anything suggested by the oh so wise one Clarkson. He has a degree in coaching or some such, ya know?

1 Like

The AwFuL will announce that after it happens.

3 Likes

“yeah look luckily for danger we actually assessed him in dog days which inturn means by next week, he’ll have missed a month of footy and be over his hamstring awareness and be eligible for selection”

1 Like

Maybe they will also bring back AFLX, and other rubbish ideas that failed miserably and should never be tried again?

1 Like

For me I think the best reason is concussion substitute.

Clubs getting players to go back on mildly concussed has shown to have long term ill effects.

I’m all for being able to sub a guy who’s concussed.

Also practically think about how many times in the last few years we have had a guy who’s sore with something, go back on only to make it worse.

1 Like

That’s a really good question.
If he can come on straight away, the player might not actually be concussed.
If he has to wait, then it’s pointless if it happens in the last quarter.

1 Like

We’ve capped bench rotations for the good of the game.

But here, have another player just to help out.

2 Likes

I’d much rather be arguing about SOO and the International Series than this.
Floating fixtures, team announcements…

btw, are banners allowed this year?

It is the classic AFL cycle of; make rule change - rule change creates problem - make new rule change to address problem we created - rule change creates problem - and on and on it goes

1 Like

Do we still name a carry over emergency? How many emergencies travel?
What warmup preparation time will said sub undertake if not appearing until 18 minute of Q2 or Q4 or are they now sitting ducks for soft tissue injury?

5 on the bench for mine

“Even if they remain unactivated for a whole match, the medical sub will still have a game added to their AFL career tally and receive a premiership medallion on Grand Final day should their team be successful.”

Surely there’s some milestone players & potential father sons we can rort with this.

6 Likes

IINM it went, “We’re having a Concussion sub, won’t be able to play for 12 Days”

“Ok, we’re having a sub for conc and any other game ending injury as well, … but any player subbed won’t be able to play for 12 days, … so it’s not like when we had an exploited sub rule last time”

“Sooo, … heh heh, … ummmm, … if the player is not concussed they can play the next week, … so it IS exactly what was exploited and therefore removed last time we tried this …”

That’s the way it went, yeah?

1 Like

Bloke plays three games as sub and gets on once for a quarter and has 6 touches.
Sitting on a career average of 2 disposals a game. “Must have been sh¡t” lol

Not if they don’t want to use all the 75 interchanges faster, they won’t.

Slattery, Moorcroft, Jetta and Lovett would be your candidates.
I have no idea if they have sons.

Edit: Or whether they married basketballers, ideally.

1 Like

I’m furious - this 23rd man rule is absolute BS and it’s clearly in response to their other new rule change re lowering interchanges.

What have you got against Andrew Radchenko?
Career- 1 game 1 disposal

… wut

1 Like