The one and only 'WSPHU Thread' - Solanum Erianthum varieties

So far the following have been delisted…
Adelaide - Brodie Martin, Jack Osborn, Sam Siggins, Anthony Wilson, Matthew Wright
Brisbane - Jed Adcock, Jordon Bourke, Mitch Golby, Zac O’Brien, Jackson Payne
Carlton - Cameron Giles, Blaine Johnson, Fraser Russell, Matthew Watson, Tom Fields, Nick Holman, Brad Walsh, Robbie Warnock
Collingwood - Tony Armstrong, Sam Dwyer, Lachie Keefe, Michael Manteit, Josh Thomas, Brenden Abbott
Essendon - Kurt Aylett, Lachlan Dalgleish, Alex Browne, Will Hams, Elliott Kavanaugh, Nick O’Brien, Ariel Steinberg
Fremantle - Jacob Ballard, Ryan Crowley, Josh Deluca, Max Duffy, Craig Moller, Anthony Morabito, Tom Vandeleur
Geelong - James Kelly, Matthew Stokes
Gold Coast - Tyrone Downie, Jarred Ellis, Josh Hall, Louis Herbert, Josh Glenn, Daniel Gorringe, Danny Stanley
GWS - Tim Golds, Sam Schultz
Hawthorn - Sam Grimley, Jared Hardisty, Jonathan Simpkin, Alex Woodward
Melbourne - Rohan Bail, Mark Jamar, Jack Fitzpatrick, Jordie McKenzie, Aidan Riley
North Melbourne - Scott McMahon, Eric Wallace, Max Warren, Majak Daw, Keiran Harper
Port - Mitch Harvey, Jarred Redden, Sam Russell, Mason Shaw, Johann Wagner, Kane Mitchell, Andrew Moore
Richmond - Matt Arnot, Matt McDonough Matt Dea, Nathan Gordon
St Kilda - Daniel Markworth, Tom Simpkin, Arryn Siposs, Spencer White Farren Ray, Ahmed Saad, Josh Saunders
Sydney - Harry Marsh, Sean McLaren, Lloyd Perris
WCE - Brant College, Will Manginess, Dylan Main, Murray Newman, Rowen Powell, Simon Tunbridge, Alex Waterman
Western Bulldogs - Ayce Cordy, Sam Darley, Matthew Fuller, Brett Goodes, Daniel Pearce, Jordan Kelly Jarrad Grant
Source: http://www.afl.com.au/news/features/retirements-and-delistings

Mitch Golby was going okay a few years back. Good player running off half back. Didn’t necessarily shy away from tackling & defending. At 24 years old, he might be a handy late pickup.

Tyrone Downie is a mature age ruck man. I actually confuse him with Tom Downie (the GWS ruck who smashed Kruezer in round 22). Was going well in NEAFL. Kicked a few big bags and also helped out in the ruck. He’s 27 years old which is a bit too old for us.

Matt McDonough is the kind of delisted pickup we should be trying to go after. He’s 21 years old and was a very competent and capable goal sneak at junior level. He’s got some pretty strong hands for a little fella. For some reason Richmond tried to turn him into a half back flanker / midfielder in his few years there. He’s South Australian so I wouldn’t be surprised if he wants to go and play SANFL, but he’d be a very good pickup for us if he wants to stay in Melbourne.

I don’t know too much about Darley. He had one awesome U18’s game which caught everyone’s eye, but has done very little of note since.

Heard we are talking to Jacob Ballard (SP?)

Keefe and Thomas.

The lack of fight from the team was deplorable this year. We need guys with some white line fever.

Golby is probably the only one I’d look at from that list.

Keefe and Thomas.

The lack of fight from the team was deplorable this year. We need guys with some white line fever.

So you’re saying WSPHU then??

Solanum-erianthum?

Not much on that list to get excited about so far.

I always like Brisbane rejects.
Jordon Bourke can play.

If Tayte leaves it makes sense to get Ayce.

Solanum-erianthum?

Not much on that list to get excited about so far.

It’s a potato plant.
I always like Brisbane rejects. Jordon Bourke can play.

And Jordans too. Your advocacy for Jordan Lisle last year was stirring.

I always like Brisbane rejects. Jordon Bourke can play.

And Jordans too. Your advocacy for Jordan Lisle last year was stirring.

Still reckon he would have been better value than Gwilt.
He could switch, and it’s not like Essendon didn’t need that in 2015.

I’m interested out of all the blokes on the list who gave us nothing (or next to nothing) this year you picked Gwilt as the one we didn’t need?

I would consider getting Adcock as a delisted free agent if we are culling a few.
He would add to the leadership, but depends on our strategy - rebuild vs tilt at finals.
with free agency and players demanding to leave clubs etc, I believe we add elite talent at top end of draft and then add depth with strongest players who will add to group.

I would consider getting Adcock as a delisted free agent if we are culling a few. He would add to the leadership, but depends on our strategy - rebuild vs tilt at finals. keep repeating the same mistakes vs not repeating the same mistakes. with free agency and players demanding to leave clubs etc, I believe we add elite talent at top end of draft and then add depth with strongest players who will add to group.
You're weird.
I'm interested out of all the blokes on the list who gave us nothing (or next to nothing) this year you picked Gwilt as the one we didn't need?

He’s alright. But he’s depth and 30 next year.
I didn’t see the point of him on the list over Lisle last year and I sure don’t see the point of him on the list over a guy like Bourke next year.
But he’ll play another dozen games next year.
Maybe six after that.
And then Essendon will recruit another third tall type to replace him.

Again, nothing against the guy but he’s list-clogger personified.

The point of him is he can still play alright.

Not actually against re-treading some young talls btw. I’d have a look at Bourke.

I’m not trying to be argumentative, but plenty of blokes can play alright.
Tim Darcy and Mal Michael could still play alright, I’m not sure they added much and I’m not sure Gwilt will add much.
Fletcher’s retirement notwithstanding, it’s not like Essendon are lacking experience in the backline.
Ideally they have a B&F winner and an AA player there.

If you cut Gwilt we literally only have those two guys.
I’m not sure I’d want to be starting with 10 game 20yo re-treads or 18 first gamers as the only options.
I doubt Stein or Pears will be here next year, which effectively means we don’t have any other key positions (even part time) on the list outside the 22.

We need to add at least as many talls as we’re losing (ie 4 - for Fletch Stein Pears Carlisle - 560 odd games between them I might add).

Joe Hooker fwd, Smack ruck, Hurley Gwilt and [insert young guy here] down back. Works for me.

He he.
Insert young guy.

I didn’t think you could top ‘560 games between them’ but the last line was gold.
20 year-old retreads wasn’t bad either.

I kind of want to take your point, but then I recall how many games Stein and Pears have played over the last two years. How good they were. The possibility of picking up…whatsisname…top-up games guy anyway.

Eh. No-one in the league listens to me anyway.

Daniel markworth delisted from saints.
Fitness test at dons and other clubs