The one and only 'WSPHU Thread' - Solanum Erianthum varieties

Heard we are talking to Jacob Ballard (SP?)

who?

He’s a ball magnet at WAFL level.
Been stuck on Freo’s rookie list and behind their current midfielders.

So an elite user of the ball?

I couldn’t find much on him when googling him

who?

Doubtful.
If he was he’d be on Freo’s main list.
Could be a replica of that other WA ball magnet we got a few years back (his name escapes me).

What is Sam Menegola like he is player getting hyped at the moment, seeing as you watch the WAFL

I don’t watch as much as I used to.
Have been reduced to highlights and most of the time it’s focussed on Freo and West Coast fringe players for DT purposes.

What is Sam Menegola like he is player getting hyped at the moment, seeing as you watch the WAFL
Nope
Nope
Not at all interested?

who?

Doubtful.
Could be a replica of that other WA ball magnet we got a few years back (his name escapes me).

Brendan Lee?

who?

Doubtful.

Brendan Lee?

That's him. He's still collecting possessions in the WAFL (unless it's another B Lee).
Nope
There any mature age players running around in the WAFL that you think we should be interested in peeto?

Haven’t heard or watched much tbh. Still rate Tim Kelly from SFFC and I know we spoke to Schloithe last year who I rate too.

Did Schloithe used to be on Freo’s list?
I remember the name but wouldn’t know what kind of player he is.

Always thought McKenzie wasn't.

McKenzie was very highly rated by my dees mates a few years back (who know their footy). Don’t know what happened since but he’s really tailed off

He’s still OK IMHO.
They got Daniel Cross (a 30 year old version of the exact same player). Roosy, rebuilding from the ground up.
Mind you, we’ve already got 3 slow, inside, tackle-happy guys, we don’t need another.

At least our “tackle-happy guys” aren’t like those from Carlton and Collingwood who were getting happy with their wedding tackle in parked cars near primary schools.

Did Schloithe used to be on Freo's list? I remember the name but wouldn't know what kind of player he is.

Yeah he did. Midfielder. 4 clubs interviewed him last year, surprised he wasn’t picked up.

Was interesting hearing about some of the different processes some clubs put kids through when trying to assess them.

@David J Richardson The great ZO’B has been delisted.

Bring. Him. The. Fark. In.

Siposs.

Jacob Ballard… Contested gun

Matty Wright from Adelaide is likely to be delisted.
Was a goal sneak early in his career but has spend more time in the midfield as a tagger (similar to Craig Bird’s role) over the last few years.
He fell out of favour at Adelaide after Phil Walsh passed away.

He’d definitely be a better option than taking a pick in the 60s or 70s. Heck, he’s a better option than Ashby, Hams and Browne.
He should find himself on a list. Would have no troubles if he ends up on ours.

Matty Wright from Adelaide is likely to be delisted. Was a goal sneak early in his career but has spend more time in the midfield as a tagger (similar to Craig Bird's role) over the last few years. He fell out of favour at Adelaide after Phil Walsh passed away.

He’d definitely be a better option than taking a pick in the 60s or 70s. Heck, he’s a better option than Ashby, Hams and Browne.
He should find himself on a list. Would have no troubles if he ends up on ours.

He is a decent footballer, but is he the right fit for us? Assuming Hocking stay injury-free, he is best 22 and we saw how good he was when he came back, really missed his physicality in close. Bird coming in as well is basically your Melksham replacement. If we got Wright then at best he probably keeps Howlett out of the side. Our midfield is a little one-paced and I don’t think Wright would change that much. Watson, Goddard, Myers, Hocking, Bird, Howlett/Wright certainly won’t win any foot races. Don’t get me wrong I would welcome him aboard if we did sign him, but the role he plays we probably already have 2-3 guys of similar type and he doesn’t look to be a significant enough upgrade on any of them TBH…

I don’t think we’ll get him.
He’s too similar to Craig Bird and considering we already have him, we wouldn’t bother getting another one.

There are times when I think we should be super aggressive and delist everyone who deserves to be delisted (including Stein, Pears, Kommer, Hams, Ashby, etc.) and give the opportunity to a few delisted players. If we find one that can be in our best 22, then we’ve done well considering what we currently have on our list, the weak draft and what you’re likely to get after pick 50. If you’re ever going to gamble on delisted players, then this is the year to do it. And we’ve been carrying far too many players who have been either consistently injured or not good enough to dominate VFL level consistently.

Matty Wright at least impacts games consistently at SANFL level when he’s had to play there and he’d be an upgrade on the bottom ten players on our list. Having said that, he wouldn’t be my first choice. I’d go with Matt McDonough as long as he doesn’t want to return to SA. He was played as a forward at U18’s but pushed to the backline since being drafted by the Tigers. He’s got a good strong pair of hands for someone his size and is an excellent shot for goal. At 21 years of age, he’s still got some development in him and I think he could find a spot in our best 22 by the end of next year if he’s played as a forward.

A slow, mid-sized vanilla forward??
Be still my beating heart!