The one and only 'WSPHU Thread' - Solanum Erianthum varieties

Not half a dozen. 3 or 4.

3 or 4 is what we will bring in. Half a dozen is what we need (by need I mean the number that would give us any sort of reasonable list balance).

I always go on the theory you have about 44 on the list, try and make that 2 whole teams.
By my count we have 2/4 tall forwards (Hooker + Joe), 2/6 tall backs (Hurley + Gwilt) and 3/3 ruckmen (Smack TBell Giles).

I would probably try and get 2-3 tall backs, and 1-2 tall forwards. Can’t see us grabbing another ruck. So 4 or 5 guys.
I’m just not sure there will be 6 worthwhile talls (at least outside the early picks).

I agree on the 2 whole teams approach, I’d probably say the ruck/ruck-forward count should be 4 rather than 3, but either way we’re still awkwardly low.

Overall you’re probably right. We need a bunch of talls, but we can’t realistically address the entire imbalance in one year.

Apparently Harvey can play and kicked a fkton of goals in the SANFL? 40 odd?
20 odd according to sportingpulse (20 odd last year too)

Well the recruit worked out well

I put $50 on him never playing a game based solely off Aceman’s shitcanning of him. Thanks mate.

Well the recruit worked out well

Is the irish man still on a list padraig lucy was at geelong i think.

I'd be having a look at a couple of those not-quite-there-yet talls. Shaw, maybe Harvey (haven't seen him), definitely Fitzpatrick. Have to be better than Pears, that's our baseline.

We pretty much have to. We need to bring in probably half a dozen talls this year, a couple of guys of depth quality is probably going to be part of that.

Fitzpatrick rated by a few of my mad Demon supporter mates. They are baffled he is delisted. What’s the knock on him?

I'd be having a look at a couple of those not-quite-there-yet talls. Shaw, maybe Harvey (haven't seen him), definitely Fitzpatrick. Have to be better than Pears, that's our baseline.

We pretty much have to. We need to bring in probably half a dozen talls this year, a couple of guys of depth quality is probably going to be part of that.

Fitzpatrick rated by a few of my mad Demon supporter mates. They are baffled he is delisted. What’s the knock on him?

He’s been in Melbourne’s ‘development’ system?

No idea. All I remember of seeing him play is that he has a disproportionately long torso. Looks like someone’s cut him off at the knees.

OP updated.

Adelaide - Brodie Martin, Jack Osborn, Anthony Wilson
Essendon - Kurt Aylett, Lauchlan Dalgleish
North Melbourne - Scott McMahon, Eric Wallace, Max Warren
St Kilda - Daniel Markworth, Tom Simpkin, Arryn Siposs, Spencer White

Not much of note for us.

Siposs was good as a third forward until they moved him to the backline.
Tom Simpkin is the most defensive defender ever. Barely touches the ball. Very similar to Zac Dawson. Wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up at Freo.
Was a big fan of Brodie Martin before he did his knee twice.
Anthony Wilson was an excitement machine but couldn’t get past Eddie Betts and Charlie Cameron.

I dispute the first part of that sentence.

And the second.

I dispute the first part of that sentence.

And the second.

How about “sometimes Siposs kicked it pretty far”?
Always thought McKenzie wasn't.

McKenzie was very highly rated by my dees mates a few years back (who know their footy). Don’t know what happened since but he’s really tailed off

Siposs is one of those great, yell able, names.

McKenzie was very highly rated by my dees mates a few years back (who know their footy). Don’t know what happened since but he’s really tailed off

He’s still OK IMHO.
They got Daniel Cross (a 30 year old version of the exact same player). Roosy, rebuilding from the ground up.
Mind you, we’ve already got 3 slow, inside, tackle-happy guys, we don’t need another.

He’s still OK IMHO.
They got Daniel Cross (a 30 year old version of the exact same player). Roosy, rebuilding from the ground up.
Mind you, we’ve already got 3 slow, inside, tackle-happy guys, we don’t need another.

I highly dispute that.

Siposs is one of those great, yell able, names.

Dickfos like.

He’s still OK IMHO.

I highly dispute that.

He's no Siposs.

He’s still OK IMHO.

I highly dispute that.

He's no Siposs.

That he definitely isn’t.

Heard we are talking to Jacob Ballard (SP?)

who?

Heard we are talking to Jacob Ballard (SP?)

who?

He’s a ball magnet at WAFL level.
Been stuck on Freo’s rookie list and behind their current midfielders.